The Movement Working Group

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:15

Thankyou Tony, that does explain it better.

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 31 Mar 2015, 15:10 (last edited on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 15:11)

OK Leah
The Charlbury Appraisal was the questionnaire sent out in 1996 the replies of which made up the Report Charlbury A Town for All Ages published by the Town Council in 1997 and which is available on this website.
The Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum is the group set up on behalf of the Town Council to update the information from 1997
We will also be sending round a questionnaire in the near future to all houses in Charlbury and from the results of this a list of what people would like to see for their vision of 21st Century Charlbury will be drawn up and considered.

Once priorities have been set the Forum along with the Town Council will consider how these can best be delivered. Charlbury has already been registered at WODC as a Nieghbourhood area. It may well be that the proposals put forward by the community could be implemented best by a Neighbourhood Development Plan a document which would be the subject of a referendum and if accepted that becomes part of the overall plan for the area and policies and proposals will be used in the planning process so preferred sites for development and the infrastructure required to support this is documented.
The submission of a Neighbourhood Development plan would be by the Town Council in consultation with West Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire County Council and it then becomes an important planning document along with the District Development Plan.

We are very fortunate in Charlbury to have several people with detailed and extensive knowledge of Town planning but the Neighbourhood Forum still encourages others who might have different experience and skills to join the Committee.
Hope this clarifies things but if you have any more questions then please ask me or other members of the Neighbourhood Forum.

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:04

Could someone tell me the difference between Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum and The Charlbury appraisal?

Peter Kenrick
👍

Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:51

A point of clarification. The Neighbourhood Forum's position statement was accepted by the Town Council at the January council meeting as reported in the minutes ( www.charlburytowncouncil.co.uk/images/committee/TC%20Mins%20Jan%2015.pdf ). It has been published on the Neighbouthood Forum website ( www.charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk/?page_id=190 ). A copy will also be delivered to every household in Charlbury with "The Leaflet" at the end of this month (March) to give every resident a chance to have their say whether or not they read and contribute to this forum and local
websites.
Copies of the statement will also be available at the Annual Parish Meeting this Friday where a short report will be given by the Neighbourhood Forum

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2015, 19:22

Sounding a gentle note of caution...

I love this little town, and its people, to bits. I feel both lucky and proud to live here, and privileged to be able to make a modest contribution to town life. There is (almost) nothing that I don't like about Charlbury.

But the…

Long post - click to read full text

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2015, 17:21 (last edited on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 17:25)

I started this thread to encourage more general awareness and discussion of the ideas put forward by the Movement Group, not in the hopes of an invitation to join the CNF. And this means that I must thank Liz Reason for her invitation to join the group, but politely decline.

Alan Wilson
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2015, 17:12

I can understand some of the confusion here. The recent introduction to the Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum from its joint chairs states that it is "a bringing together of views, not a decision making group". But the forum's report to the Town Council says that "The objective of the CNF is to develop a strategic plan." Those statements don't really sound compatible to me.

Liz Reason
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2015, 09:18

The Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum is the name given to what is a town council initiative to develop plan community-led and neighbourhood plans. Two town councillors sit on the Forum. Certain provisions of the neighbourhood planning legislation were of concern to a small minority of councillors but those concerns have now been allayed. One provision is that any plan for the future of the town should be put to a referendum of all the residents for them to vote on the whole plan and/or certain provisions of it. The Forum's plans have been set out in several editions of the Chronicle and something is going out with March's minutes. There is also the Annual Parish Meeting this Friday.

Mark Purcell
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2015, 01:38 (last edited on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 07:41)

I'm sorry, Liz, but despite your very evident enthusiasm I am with Christine. There is a clear and obvious democratic deficit underlying the activities of the Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum. This was discussed on this online forum a month ago when it became evident that a number of posters had little…

Liz Reason
👍

Sun 22 Mar 2015, 20:23 (last edited on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 08:14)

Hi Christine. So pleased to have a response! You're quite right that our website is currently rudimentary. That's the nature of working with volunteers who don't always find the time to do everything that's needed. We're in the process of appointing a part-time coordinator who will help get things moving. We're well aware of the parking issues, and keen to explore other ideas like car-sharing and car clubs. Of course Poytnon is not like Charlbury, but equally, it is an example of a different way of thinking creating a positive change. There are those in Charlbury who feel we are two towns - there are those on the other side of the Slade and Sturt Road who feel that. You have posted in the right place. We didn't want to set up another discussion forum as Charlbury.info provides that very well. Christine - would you come and join the Forum on the second Thursday of the month (usually). We're always looking for people to engage with us. Liz

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 22 Mar 2015, 19:37 (last edited on Sun 22 Mar 2015, 19:50)

At the side of the main forum (here), there is a link for discussions relating to the Neighbourhood Plan. But this contains nothing except a few test links: the last one being in January.

But another thread on this forum (20mph Charlbury) includes a link to a different website which…

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.