Replies from Robert Courts MP

vicky burton
👍 3

Fri 1 Jul 2022, 18:35 (last edited on Fri 1 Jul 2022, 19:51)

Yeah Hans, so you've said it three times now. The Cons. aren't the party to deliver anything that happens to be good for the planet unless it's good for their financial backers. You said "appears" twice but again appearances can be deceptive. It's a result that matters.

'Starting to wonder if you're on the payroll! ;-)

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Fri 1 Jul 2022, 12:13 (last edited on Fri 1 Jul 2022, 19:55)

Yes

vicky burton
👍 8

Fri 1 Jul 2022, 09:41 (last edited on Fri 1 Jul 2022, 09:42)

Yes, you've said that before Hans (In the debate forum) but "considering" is not unfortunately a positive result. 

I'm quite hopeful that even the likes of the Hobbits of West Oxfordshire will finally see that the conservative government are totally unfit for office, including the local vile rep. Kourts.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Thu 30 Jun 2022, 10:32 (last edited on Fri 1 Jul 2022, 19:56)

Yes

Gareth Epps
👍 11

Thu 30 Jun 2022, 08:55

Why should anyone be expecting anything better from a man who has shown himself to be an insubstantial sycophant, completely incapable of independent thought?

Rosemary Bennett
👍 1

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 23:09 (last edited on Wed 29 Jun 2022, 23:11)

Katie. I got exactly the same two letters by email today. Nothing gave me any hope of the type of representation that I want.

Valerie Stewart
👍 3

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 20:04

Anent the topic of 'changes in the way No 10 Downing Street is run' being achieved by installing a new Permanent Secretary:  Stewart's Law of Organisation Change states that structural solutions to functional problems don't work.  

Katie Ewer
👍

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 18:23

Second reply on Sue Gray:

As you are aware, Sue Gray has now published her final report, which was commissioned by the Prime Minister to establish the full facts and set the record straight. This report identified a number of failings, both official and political. I welcome that the Prime…

Long post - click to read full text

Katie Ewer
👍

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 18:22

There was a thread recently (that I can't find-sorry) about lack of responses to constituent's letters to Robert Courts. Well, lucky me, I got two in the space of 2 minutes today to recent letters I wrote to him about the vote of no confidence and the Sue Gray report. They were typically generic, but interesting to know that he supports the Prime Minister unreservedly.

'Thank you for writing to me about the recent confidence vote. I am grateful to you for sharing your position on the matter, and your views on the Prime Minister more generally.
 I voted in support of the Prime Minister, as did a majority of my Conservative colleagues, as I believe that he is the best person to take our country forward. He has, despite facing profound adversity, steered our country through difficult times and got the big calls right – on Covid, vaccines and in displaying global leadership in our support for Ukraine.
 The vote has made clear that the Prime Minister retains the confidence of the Conservative Parliamentary Party. With that fact now established, it is important that we come together behind the Prime Minister, draw a line under recent events, and move forward to tackle the key issues facing the country. I look forward to continuing to deliver the priorities and manifesto commitments upon which I was elected by the people of West Oxfordshire."

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.