Analogue or Digital?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 17:40

Darnation forgot to add a  >;>  arch smiley… irony (or facetiousness) often doesn’t get picked up on text messages or bulletin boards…

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 20 Jan 2022, 17:28

*.dll If my 25 year out of date programming “skills “ serve my memory remnants, is a Microshaft term for a “dynamic linked library’. Or what Windross programmers used to call “DLL HELL” - as in buried deep within. Does that help??

Jan Going
👍

Wed 19 Jan 2022, 13:06

What a good idea!  I think there is a very real need for this.  I'm a technophobe and struggle with new systems and upgrades invented after 1990.  The house I have moved into has strange TV aerial sockets so I can't use 'normal' TV except in the one socket provided when the house was built.

Mike Summers
👍 3

Wed 19 Jan 2022, 11:20

I'll answer the bit I think I understand.  When you write a program (or app) to do some computing for you there are lots of bits of code you can call on which have already been written which do standard things like read, write, print etc. These bits of code are called dynamic link libraries (because you call on them as you go) – hence the “.dll” bit at the end of the name. All this error message means is the program has got to the bit where it needs this bit of code and it can’t find it. Where it might have gone is a mystery, but it is suggesting that if you re-install the whole program again it may restore this missing .dll file. Good luck.

Rod Evans
👍 3

Wed 19 Jan 2022, 10:52

Here’s an idea for when Covid restrictions are eased again….

We know from the Town Survey conducted a few years ago – not to mention the evidence of our own eyes – that there is a larger than average population of older people in Charlbury.

And it’s not that we’re…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.