Robert Courts (Debate)

Hannen Beith
👍 3

Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:14

"Yes Minister"

Carl A Perkins
👍

Sun 17 Jan 2021, 01:19

Congratulations to him. There is also a vaccinations minister (close neighbour, the MP for Stratford on Avon), something the UK (to my knowledge) has never had. I think the creation of aviation minister is going to be much needed, not just now that FINALLY controlling travel into the UK via airports has been recognised as essential but there is also going to be a bit of rebuilding of the sector required later in the year when this sorry affair is hopefully starting to be put behind us. 

Matt Bullock
👍 7

Sat 16 Jan 2021, 22:09

Just seen the Aviation Minister on the BBC. And guess who? It’s Robert Courts. Didn’t know there was such a ministry! Always thought he was winging it.

Peter Kenrick
👍 1

Fri 11 Dec 2020, 17:38

If you are interested, Robert Courts is on Any Questions on Radio 4 this evening (Friday 11th December) at 8pm (repeated Saturday 12th at 1:10pm)

Charlie M
👍 1

Thu 26 Nov 2020, 08:22

Simon, he is probably too busy with his new job as Department Of Transport Under Secretary's Under Secretary's Under Secretary  (DOTUSUSUS) to worry about things like that :-\ 

Simon Hogg
👍

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 21:26

He no longer replies to my letters, I fear I won't get a xmas card from him.

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Thu 12 Nov 2020, 21:37

I had the same stock response Matt (and my letter was differentish to the CAMRA one).  He has a community owned pub just over the road from his house and he still doesn’t care.

Matt Bullock
👍 5

Tue 10 Nov 2020, 21:53

I wrote to Mr Courts to protest about the government’s unfair punishment of the licensed trade during the pandemic and lockdowns. I did receive a reply but I suspect it’s a standard reply and the same as every one sent to anyone who wrote to their MP on the same subject. I was surprised to get any reply, but he seems to be Boris’ (very insignificant) puppet spouting the party line on any subject, and in my opinion is a bit of a [REDACTED]. Don’t forget, hands, face, space.

Christine Battersby
👍 8

Tue 10 Nov 2020, 14:15

Robert Courts is amongst those Oxfordshire MPs who, a few days ago, were denying that free school meals are needed or desirable, but who now are backing Johnson's change of heart -- whilst at the very same time denying that this is in any sense a U-Turn.

Courts is reported as saying, "The new Winter Support Package extends the Government’s successful holiday-time activities and food programme and provides local councils, who are best placed to target support at those in need, with an additional £170 million of ring-fended funding."

Pull the other one, Robert! We can all be pleased that the Govt has backed down, but it should simply have admitted that its previous decision was wrong!

Philip Ambrose
👍 7

Mon 2 Nov 2020, 18:18

Was it Have I Got News For You where they said Eat Out To Help Out had been replaced by Starve A Kid To Save A Quid?

Amanda Epps
👍 10

Tue 27 Oct 2020, 12:17

Lovely photo in the Oxford Mail of his constituency office door decorated with empty paper plates!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 27 Oct 2020, 08:36 (last edited on Tue 27 Oct 2020, 11:03)

Moved, but please be mindful of rule 4 in future!

Richard Tebbutt
👍

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 22:54

And also, let them eat cake 🎂

Richard Tebbutt
👍

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 22:53 (last edited on Mon 26 Oct 2020, 22:53)

How is this not in the debate section? Good to see this is showing the better side of Charlbury on the main page. Hopefully mods will move it soon. 

Sue Way
👍 5

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 16:48

Alex - Robert Courts voted against extending free school meals over half term.

Alex Flynn
👍 4

Mon 26 Oct 2020, 14:51 (last edited on Mon 26 Oct 2020, 14:52)

I would love to ask Robert his position on Free School Meals for kids at Christmas - given Boris' terrible response in the media. MPs keep taking the wage rises while the country continues to sink! 

Liz Puttick
👍 4

Fri 23 Oct 2020, 18:39

Well, Charlie, we can all do something about that;)

Charlie M
👍 10

Fri 23 Oct 2020, 12:56

In the nearly 25 years that I have been here, I don't think that I have ever known so many complaints against or about the sitting MP. CAMERON was more responsive than this character! I sincerely hope that he can be replaced at the next election, if not sooner!

John Kearsey
👍 3

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 20:45

I wrote to him about the Internal Markets Bill and received a reply by post! I pointed out that as he is a lawyer, he may be in trouble with the Bar Council in voting for something that breaks international law. He voted for it anyway, but at least I got a clear reply stating the Government's position

Simon Hogg
👍 6

Wed 21 Oct 2020, 21:36

What a surprise, he's a Tory. He's given up on any sort of reply to my coherent letters on any subject, local, regional, national, environmental etc. It is just bunker and bluster mentality.

Alan F Harrison
👍 1

Mon 19 Oct 2020, 16:23 (last edited on Tue 27 Oct 2020, 08:35)

Sun 18 Oct, 

Andy Burnham asks viewers to write to our MPs today about Covid restrictions. Our MP does not answer. It is a month since I wrote to him about Covid.

Sun 18 Oct, from Sue Way

And it’s more than a month since I wrote to him about…

Long post - click to read full text

Sue Way
👍 10

Sun 18 Oct 2020, 17:45

And it’s more than a month since I wrote to him about the Internal Markets Bill (the one that breaches international law). Robert Courts, a lawyer, voted for it but never acknowledged or replied to my email. 

Alan F Harrison
👍 7

Sun 18 Oct 2020, 11:13 (last edited on Sun 18 Oct 2020, 11:16)

Andy Burnham asks viewers to write to our MPs today about Covid restrictions.  Our MP does not answer.  It is a month since I wrote to him about Covid.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.