Cornbury

Simeen
👍

Fri 18 Jul 2008, 11:54

I think Cornbury is a fantastic asset to Charlbury and fully support it. It's a great weekend but I would agree with some here that the bands are really pretty uninspiring. Here I am referring to the headline acts and not some of the superb bands earlier in the day and of course on the Riverside stage. I appreciate that Hugh has a tough call to make in getting the balance right to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. But, in my opinion, it would be great to have one headline or late evening act that is more current. Wakestock, whilst badly organised and poorly attended, had an amazing line-up of bands that mostly also appeared at Glastonbury. How did they do it? I would love to see some of those bands at Cornbury next year, rather than just the golden oldies. As for the Riverside stage - keep the great music coming!

On the noise levels, I think the cultural benefits far outweigh the minor disruption of the noise which, in fact, I rather enjoyed. What's a couple of hour's lost sleep one weekend of the year? If we are heading that way, what about bell ringing on Wednesday evenings, football on Saturday mornings, people mowing their lawns?!!? It's all part of the wonderful fabric of out great community and I, for one, embrace it.

Don Kelly
👍

Wed 16 Jul 2008, 19:17

I used to have a Mini and loved listening to really loud music in it.

teresa
👍

Mon 14 Jul 2008, 14:22

My daughter is the same she (and I) stand at the bottom of our road watching them coming and going. She loves to wave at them as they toot there horns at the whole gang of kids that are waiting there

Judy Kinchella
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 18:51

I think the 'Minis in the Park' are great, we sit on our wall and watch them go by. My son loves it, especially when they toot at him or flash their lights.

I think we are very lucky to have Cornbury Festival, with so many different Artists. There is surely something for everyone.

When you think of all the people from across the country that come to the events we hold in Charlbury I think we are very lucky to have them on our doorstep.

Please may it continue.

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 18:08

Or Minis in the Park? A loud of souped up cars going round and round the town all night. Now that was annoying!

roger short
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 15:39

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the cornbury festival. It is a valued asset to charlbury and very worth having . I do not personally attend as its not my scene but to listen to the music from my garden is really quite pleasant.When you think back to the ford car fair that was held at cornbury ,now that did disrupt charlbury for the weekend ,but obviously things have been learned since then and disruption is certainly kept to a minimum.

Laura
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 12:07

I thought Cornbury festival was brilliant and Charlbury should be proud to be associated with it. I didn't hear any after hours music; maybe if I had turned the tv off, opened all the windows and stood in the garden all night......! For the sake of one weekend a year can people just not put up with it?

I would be very disappointed if the festival was cancelled for future years for the sake of a handful of people who if it's not this that's the problem it would be something else.

Harryd
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 08:21

I should like to congratulate Dave Sangwine and his team for the excellent way in which the Beer Festival was run. They have provided a benchmark by which we can now judge any event that includes live music.

I contacted Dave some weeks ago, not in a spirit of ‘nitpicking terror’, but simply to find out what was involved in the Festival, and what its impact was likely to be. His response was quick, full, highly professional and completely reassuring, and everything he guaranteed was carried out to the letter yesterday. I am very impressed indeed that a live music event within a few hundred yards of my house should have been so unintrusive. I knew it was going on, but it seemed to be a very happy event altogether.

I’ve posted this in this thread to make the point that I really do not want to see anything banned, and am very appreciative when events are conducted with the kind of consideration for neighbours shown yesterday – and yes, David, I would now include the Riverside in that category.

mandy
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 08:02

finstock shop was not as busy as i would have liked it to be in fact it was about the same as any weekend. i cant afford to go but it once a year and if these acts are happy to play then thats fine
i could here it on sunday and we had a green light go from side to side in the sky but im not moaning about it.in fact one of the bands that played at cornbury and the riverside are playing at are festival on the 15th of august.its bloody hard work trying to organisie something like are festival so god knows how huge does it.
good luck to him and you never know one day finstock festival my get some famous faces.

mandy
👍

Sun 13 Jul 2008, 00:12

the shop in finstock was no more busy than any other weekend.
i couldnt hear the music but did have a alovey green light flashing
over my house. its once a year im sure people can put up with the music for 1 weekend.we have a band that played at cornbury and the riverside playing at are festival on the 15th of august.

Alex Flynn
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 20:20

I would like to point out that my "Middle England" remark was not aimed at anybody in particular, but born out of general frustration over the situation. Whatever anyone does in this town seems to end uo in backlash and it makes me sad.

Alex Flynn
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 20:02

Maybe there was something wrong with our ears, but we had a job to hear Paul Simon's set - and we were there! If that wasn't Hugh showing consideration for Charlbury residents I don't know what is!

Alex Flynn
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 19:59

Right On Dave!

Middle England seems to be alive and well and living in Charlbury...

Paul Taylor
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 19:38

I have not asked for it to be banned I happen to go to both but this year there were not artist worth me paying that sort of money to go and see. I now agree about the benefits which have been pointed out to me. It was very loud but in other years different speakers have been used and lower to the ground if they returned to the old settings this would help as other years we heard nothing yes the wind was a factor so was the campsite after the watershed which was out out of Hughs control.

Dave Oates
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 18:48

Some of the postings on this topic amaze and more importantly, sadden me. After 15 years of living in Charlbury, I am increasing concerned that there are a growing number of people who seem to want just about everything banned. Having been one of the founders of Riverside, I know the hoops we have had to jump through over the years just to keep the event running. We have lost most of the events on the playing close during my time here, including the fair, and it now seems that there are many that would like to see Cornbury suffer the same fate.

Why should Hugh be castigated for attempting to make a profit? How can 2 days of music be classed as pollution? If that is the case, shouldn't we ban the Cricket Club fireworks for the same reason? Or maybe Street Fair, who also have live music on. What about stopping the live music at the Rose and Crown? Or make the football club hold their 6-a-side without an announcer? In short, let's just become a sleepy little town with nothing going on. Maybe we could set a minimum age for people living here to ensure we don't have noisy children polluting our sunday afternoons in the garden.

As I said in my earlier post, Cornbury brings huge amount of benefit to Charlbury as well as entertaining many of its' residents and should be given our full support. Many villages and small towns across the country would do anything to have such an event on their doorstep.

Diana Limburg
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 10:27

I could hear the sound quite well, but it didn't bother me at all. I staid at home with the baby, while my partner and our nine year old daughter went to Cornbury on the Saturday. We're just so lucky to have these festivals right on our doorstep. It's quite special to be able to walk to see Paul Simon! And the Riverside is a great family event too (we all went there together for both days).

Paul Taylor
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 10:20

good for you Alan so thumping base is OK 1-2 am on a monday morning

Alan Sinclair
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 09:49

I support Cornbury/Riverside Festivals in every way so make that 14998 others please.

Paul Taylor
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 08:36

well done what about 14999 others?

Michael Flanagan
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 06:22

What noise?

Last year, we could clearly hear all of Debbie Harry's set from our bedroom. As we walked along the Charlbury footpaths, the festival noise was polluting the countryside for miles around.

This year we could hardly hear a thing. Even on the right of way across Cornbury, we could scarcely hear what was being sung on the stages. As far as I can see, this year's festival has been a model of good neighbourliness. It's brought business into the town, significantly helped a number of local charities, kept quiet and attracted well-mannered crowds.

Festivals aren't my cup of tea, and I don't know Hugh. But he's clearly given a lot of people a lot of fun, lost a fortune and caused the people of Charlbury a lot less disruption than Blenheim's endless traffic-congesting stunts. He deserves congratulation and support: not this nit-picking terror he might actually make some of his money back.

Barry Clack
👍

Sat 12 Jul 2008, 00:25

I left the site at 11.50pm on Saturday. Is that early hours?

Paul Taylor
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 23:43

was this run from the national grid or generators

Paul Taylor
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 23:38

Barry do you know what it sounded like in charlbury no I think not the noise went on till the early hours monday morning, I have had conact with Hugh Phillimore He seems to think the late night/early morning drum and bass was the campsite .I think keep the speakers lower down to the ground as in other years this day time sound spreeding across charlbury wont happen again

Barry Clack
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 23:33

And just to add to Harrys post, Cornbury had 15,000 guests so the CO2 offset isnt anywhere near the 40 billion light blubs needed for 40,000 guests. Id worry far more about the local Charlbury folk who use the car to get to the postbox to post a letter rather than use a bike or their feet than the CO2 plopped into the air from a small field in Oxfordshire over a summer weekend. If CO2 is a problem here than its a good job we have Didcot power station so close to us eh?

Barry Clack
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 23:21

Whilst Im not speaking on behalf of anyone but sound monitors were onsite. Taking readings through the concert as they do at every concert in the area (including Blenheim) and whilst I cannot comment on any readings or their jobs itself, Im sure if there was massive problems with loud music, it would have been sorted out. My children went along and enjoyed the days (they are 4, 8 and 10 years old) and not once did they say it was too loud or too quiet, just the fact they were too short to see the stage from where we were sitting at the left hand side of the stage. Also to add, the shop/PO in Finstock did a massive trade when I popped in on the 3 occasions so if shops in Charlbury weren't busy then could that be self-imposed? Would it be wrong of me to ask, the negative comments on the festival must come from people who have actually been to the festival? They have seen with their own eyes the negative aspects from the festival? Or is it a case that they "heard" from old Mrs Coggins down the road about the x-rated illegal rave type activities that "might" happen? Charlbury, embrace this fab event, who knows, if you do go, you might enjoy it!

Andy Godfrey
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 22:30

Barry, spot on mate!

Harryd
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 21:03

I’d like to begin this post by saying in the clearest possible terms that I am not having a go at the Cricket Club, at Paul Jenkins, at T-Mobile, or at the Riverside Festival which has now got its act together very nicely, for two years in a row. I…

Long post - click to read full text

Barry Clack
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 20:15

I cover the festival this year for the first time in 2 years. Pics here - www.flickr.com/photos/barryclack/sets/72157606007825617/

I enjoyed the festival this year, some good entertainment which well justified the £330 ticket price for 5 people. Whilst I think that the "personal" festival has moved on its still not a lumbering commercial giant that some people are painting the picture of. Sunday night saw tickets being given away free to people at the gate (I saw with my own eyes and official or not, it happened). The sound was no louder than normal and Im amazed anyone in Charlbury heard it over the storm that tipped down most of the afternoon and evening. The childrens entertainment was faultless with both myself and the Camerons (who I was photographing at the time) making full use of the childrens onsite disco. Cornbury isnt a music festival, its more a gathering of people who can sit there and enjoy some live music they wouldnt normally have listened to. People of Charlbury should be thank their lucky stars they have so much music by the way of riverside and Cornbury. Here in Witney we have nothing at all. It would be a same for just a few negative comments to dampen what was a superb weekend, enjoyed by people from miles around.

mandy
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 11:54

i work in finstock shop and we didnt take anymore money than we do on a normal weekend.
i cant afford to goto cornbury as a family as the tickets are far to much money. we have a small festival in august and did ask for a stall but we were told no the smae as are school was. so i think
he must only want charlbury stalls there.we are not local what does that mean we ar 2 miles up the road how local do you want.

mandy
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 11:41

i work in the shop at finstock and we didnt take anymore money than we normally do at weekend.it's far easier for people to walk to chalbury then walk up th hill to finstock.
i could'nt afford tickets to cornbury as a family.
we also have are own small festival in august and when we asked if we could do somthing for the cornbury festival we were told no
so good luck to those that did cos i dont think charlbury class finstock as local.it's not the first time we have been told we cant have a stall at cornbury.

roger short
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 05:48

Alex ,why are you asking such a question (are you a politician). Surely if our members of parliament took as much time debating issues then we may not find ourselves as a country in such a fine mess as we appear to be in at the moment.Or maybe we ought to suggest that they have a music festival weekend in the chamber to liven them into debate,i would love to go to watch their faces .

Alex Flynn
👍

Fri 11 Jul 2008, 00:14

How can you all STILL be discussing this nearly a week later. It's no wonder we are known as whinging pommes!

P.S. the Goan fish curry was to die for!

glena chadwick
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 19:02

I went to Cornbury on Saturday with my daughter and grand-daughter To see what it was like and hear Paul Simon. I thought it was very well organised and great that several local people told me that they had come to hear their son or daughter perform on the Riverside stage. To be honest I found the whole thing very challenging physically (OK, I am too old---all that standing up !!!) but I just want to make one point to answer Paul. The Town councillors do not get free tickets to keep sweet about the noise and the district councillors certainly don't either (only if they are also morris dancers and happen to be performing !!)

Deleted user
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 18:22

I am suprised my comments caused so much reaction.

My points are straight forward

1. I think there is a huge benefit to Charlbury in having an excellently organised concert associated with the town. I am also very proud of such events such as the Beer festival and Riverside. Such…

Long post - click to read full text

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:20

OK thanks for taking the time to tell me the benefits

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 16:13

Chrissie, There are at least 3 topics being debated under this thread.

1) The first is whether there was too much noise this year & actually I think there was, & that's the sort of thing that the environmental people might address when they consider the layout of the site next year.

2) Whether local people should be given a discount as compensation for the noise. I can understand the case for this, but it seems that the festival is still making a loss. Furthermore, one obvious way to deal with this would be to make day parking an extra charge, so that people who walk on site have a reduction. But we would then have many more people parking in the town or outside the car parks, and I think we're far better off with the current arrangements.

3) Whether what the Cornbury Festival contributes to the community compensates for the inconveniences that it causes. Paul T. claims that this is not the case; but the Pre-School group (who organised the pig roast), the School (who surely made a huge profit from the wonderful tea tent), many traders, musicians & also many locals who simply attended (like me) would disagree.

Chrissie Scott
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 14:45

This is quite lively, isnt it.
Hasn't Paul Jenkins got the wrong end of the stick, just a bit, when he say If you do not like it, then do not go! As for noise, get real! Surely the people who are cross about Cornbury chose not to go because they knew they wouldn't like it, and only got cross because they couldn't get away from it for the whole weekend. And what does he mean when he says As for noise, get real! Does he mean that there's going to be noise and people just have to put up with it?

I like forums but I don't think this is the place for this argument. Why not hand over to environmental officers? They can't do anything until they know what people think, from both sides, and they will want to know for next year. You can call them in Witney on 01993861000, and they won't bite your head off or tell you to get real

Teresa Laughton
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 13:42

Paul, by sponsoring the band at Street Fair each year Hugh Phillimore is giving cash to the Corner House

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 13:17

Vikki, I'm sorry if I gave offence; it wasn't particularly directed at you but at the fact that forum communications (not just this one, but also the Cornbury forum) do tend to highlight negative aspects of events, not the positives.

And, yes, the festival is a lot of money, especially for families, but so are football games, operas, Wimbledon tickets, other big-name concerts and the like. Teenagers (and others) could always have opted to be stewards had they really wanted to go, but been unable to afford it. I also assume that many of those from Charlbury who were there selling the pigroast or in the tea tent or playing on the Riverside stage did not actually pay.

The festival brings money into the town as well as something interesting for teenagers (& others) to do. I thought David Oates put many of the advantages really well & I would echo what he said.

Vikki
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 10:33

Christine, I take offence at you saying that some of are 'whinging'! I wasn't complaining about the fact that Charlbury has such an event as Cornbury Music Festival, im simply saying that the price of tickets are ruling out families going that don't earn as much as some, thats all. Maybe I didn't make myself clear when I said, I LOVE music as much as the next person and high levels aren't a problem to me but I can see where some people would be a bit peeved when the music goes on until 1am, which you yourself admitted it did. Need to have a bit of thought and respect I think. My summer is filled with music gigs, so believe me when I say, the noise level doesn't worry me!

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 10 Jul 2008, 09:15

Youtube clearly show speakers above the stage this year John I have photos from other years .Ok shops pubs made money thats no benefit to Charlbury cash to the Corner house that the sort of benefit to Charlbury we need

John Munro
👍

Wed 9 Jul 2008, 19:22

Benefits for Charlbury - What about all the extra customers for the Co-Op, News & Things, the chemist, Bell, Bull, Rose & Crown, Londis, the shop in Finstock....shall I continue?
As for the speakers, they were at either side of the stage just as they have been in previous years. I think you will find that the 'noise' was more obvious this year because of the wind direction and strength.

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 9 Jul 2008, 18:57

Go on explain how charlbury is better of for it. And as for the noise those who say its a small price you were there and could not hear the echos coming from all the buildings here. I understand the speakers were above the stage this year other years when I have been there on the side so the sound is airborn from the start . just to (GET REAL) there is laws against noise pollution which can be enforced which would be a shame.

Deleted user
👍

Wed 9 Jul 2008, 16:49

I have to say that i totally support the comments of David and Christine. It is a great festival and Charlbury is better off for having our name associated with such an event. If you do not like it, then do not go! As for noise, get real!

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 9 Jul 2008, 15:09

I broadly agree with David Oates & think Cornbury a fantastic event which brings huge benefits to Charlbury. However, whereas the music on the 3 official stages did stop at 11, unofficial performances carried on till gone 1 p.m. both nights, & were indeed very loud.

In fact, if you look at the forum on the Cornbury website you will see some quite different complaints--from campers who felt that one of the security staff had been particularly harsh in closing down the after-hours music. I just hope that Hugh Philimore is not put off by all the different kinds of winges, and puts the festival on again next year!

Dave Oates
👍

Wed 9 Jul 2008, 00:00

A number of points on what has been said:

1. I have been to several festivals and whilst I appreciate Cornbury isn't cheap, it is still considerably cheaper than many other festivals

2. In terms of musical accessibility, I have to disagree completely with Derek. If you look at the line-up this weekend, the music ranged from legends such as Paul Simon and Crowded House, 70's bands (10CC), 80's bands (The Bangles), modern day bands (KT Tunstall), punk bands (Carbon Silicon, which is the new band of Mick Jones from the Clash, and Half Man Half Biscuit), ska (The Beat), reggae (Toots and the Maytals), sould (Beverley Knight), blues (Eric Bibb) and Folk as well as comedy in the tent. Additionally we had virtually every musical genre on The Riverside stage. I know you can't please everyone, but I think Hugh should be applauded for giving it a bloody good go!

3. Discounted tickets are surely not feasible when putting this type of event on - the costs of staging it are huge. I am very aware of how much it costs us to put the Riverside Festival on and those costs can be multiplied manay many times over for Cornbury

4. The noise is a small price to pay for the benefits the event brings to Charlbury and its' amazing organisations. Additionally, despite Igor's comments, the event stopped at 11 - it was hardly an all night rave!

Alan Sinclair
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 22:36

In my own opinion I do not believe this year was any louder than previous years. However if the wind was blowing in the other direction to previous years and the cloud base being lower due to the rain, could this explain why it seemed to be louder in town?

Derek Collett
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 22:16

I have to take issue with David when he says that Cornbury is "musically accessible to all". Maybe he is referring only to performers, not punters, but despite being a music fan of long standing, I have very rarely seen any artists on the Cornbury bill that have appealed to me at all. This year there was one of sorts (Half Man Half Biscuit) but I couldn't justify the expense of paying £55 to see a band that I quite liked in 1986! I agree that there should be discounts for locals plus discounted family tickets as well.

I'm not having a pop at Cornbury by the way. I think it caters for a particular clientele and if that clientele are happy with what is being served up for them then fair play to them. But please don't people pretend that Cornbury offers "something for everyone" because from where I'm standing that's just not the case.

It was interesting to see Hugh P being interviewed on South Today at the weekend and talking about trying to break even. I guess that's why the prices are so high! I don't imagine that the likes of Paul Simon, Blondie and Robert Plant come cheap. Of course, if they booked a few younger, edgier, less well-known bands then they wouldn't have to pay them so much and the ticket prices could consequently be lower. Perhaps that doesn't fit in with the business plan though...

Alan Sinclair
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 22:13

Vikki It’s true to say that not everyone in Charlbury earn £30k a year, however people such as myself have become involved in local projects such as The Riverside Festival, SHED Theatre and CSA.

By giving there time the helpers of such groups do get in for one or even both days for free, however we don’t get to stand around watching the acts until much later on in the day.

When like myself you only get 26days holiday a year to give up 5days annual leave to put The Riverside Festival on and a further 2days getting ready for Riverside Stage at Cornbury then a free ticket is little compensation but we still do it to make Charlbury a better place to live.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Hugh Philimore for his long running support to the music of Charlbury and Oxfordshire. I hope we get invited back to Cornbury Festival next year as we feel the support give has made The Riverside Festival come of age.

Vikki
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 21:50

I do agree with you Paul. Trying to overprice a festival which wouldn't of got off the ground if it hadn't been for local people is wrong. Its a bit like Glastonbury, started as a small festival with a great atmosphere, has turned into a large commercial affair. I like music as much as the next person and don't begrudge them playing at high levels but I think there should be some fairness there somewhere

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 21:40

Vikki do you think that a local discount would be fair then as they are making such a lot off noise pollution to the locals, more people from charlbury would have turned up if the price was right. Do the town council get free tickets to keep them sweet about the noise ? I understand some do. I would be happy to pay for discounted ticket as 2/3 years ago but to price people out and force that level of sound on them is wrong.

Vikki
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 20:02

David, I can't see how Cornbury is a 'family festival' when the prices are so high! It would of cost us a fortune for me and my family to attend for the weekend, despite the line-up as usual being superb. Maybe they think everyone in Charlbury earns £30,000+ a year, its not the case

Andy Godfrey
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 18:50

I missed him twice on Sunday Roger!

I'm joking btw, I don't wish this to be misconstrued as being hostile. :-)

Welcome back Igor.

roger short
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 12:19

By the way ,welcome back Igor i for one have missed you .

Igor Goldkind
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 12:08

I certainly was cycling between showers and pleased to see the number of others doing the same. A little rain (like a little flak), doesn't really bother me.

Unfortunately, as I've grown to expect in Charlbury, there were also inebriated passengers of SUVs giving cyclists pasing advice on which side of the road we should be riding on.

Evidently not the same as their side.

Was I the only one to notice Eric Bibb's dig at being booked at the same time and across the field from a very audible Toots? I think he called it a first.

Or Paul Simon's parting comment that he and his band were prepared to keep on going but apparently "we" had a curfew.

Cornbury is a corporate pop concert, no more no less, the prices and discontinued discounts for local residents reflect that.

At festivals, headliners can play as long as they like and the schedule assures artists don't conflict.

Dave Oates
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 11:49

It seems some people are never happy! I think we are lucky to have what has been described by the Evening Standard as "the best family festival in Britain" on our doorstep. Hugh Philimore does a fantastic job of minimising disruptions whilst keeping Cornbury musically accessible to all. The whole event is relaxed, VERY friendly and great for the kids as well as the parents. Additionally, it provides a great opportunity for Charlbury organisations to show what they can do, including The Riverside crew, SHED Theatre and the CSA, who must have raised a significant amount based on how busy their tea tent was. It was great to see so many Charlbury people there, particularly in the rain!!! Also, on behalf of Charlbury Riverside, thank you to everyone who supported the Riverside stage - especially Hugh - we had great audiences all weekend.

roger short
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 07:20

(Come come, chaps, you're supposed to be nice --Richard)

Andy Godfrey
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 06:53

(see above)

roger short
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 06:34

Hey Brian ,what are you saying about the people of Charlbury.Are we special and if so in what way ,i have not felt special since the day i was born ,but if you are telling me we are special in Charlbury ,do we get any special benefits to go with it, other than no concessions to music festivals at Cornbury. All i do know in Charlbury is that whichever way you want to go its an uphill climb.

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 8 Jul 2008, 04:52

As said lower price not free, the sound was lould not clear theres a difference

roger short
👍

Mon 7 Jul 2008, 23:16

Andy ,dont tell me Igor was cycling around cornbury in all that rain.

roger short
👍

Mon 7 Jul 2008, 23:14

Well seems to me that the best solution for paul is to turn off the telly ,throw open all the windows that way you get it for free anyway.

Andy Godfrey
👍

Mon 7 Jul 2008, 22:18

I would be very happy to be kept awake by KT Tunstall singing in my ear. In the rain. At any time of day.
Igor, was Cornbury cycle friendly? :-)

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 7 Jul 2008, 20:31

Some can afford it but this is being forced upon us the sound levels this weekend is not at all fair. They must do something for the locals other festivals do . Say 3 mile radius £20 off ticket price limit 3 to household. Never going to make every one happy but just expect us to put up with it is wrong

brian
👍

Mon 7 Jul 2008, 19:48

Surely people from Charlbury can afford the price of a ticket?
Common people do!

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 7 Jul 2008, 19:13

This seemed loud this year had to keep windows shut so we could watch tv the cheap tickets other years allowed local to join in but now are priced out and have to put up with the echoing sound still going on at 11pm+ sunday. They got the local suport the first 2 years now dont want us not asking for free but lower prices as we have to put up with the sound levels coming from there.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.