Want to try an e-bike?

Liz Drake
👍 1

Tue 15 Sep 2020, 08:49

Agree this was a great day and thanks all! I can report going up Dyers Hill on an e-bike is a doddle! :)

Catherine Ball
👍 4

Mon 14 Sep 2020, 08:11

May I just add to Steven’s note to say thank you to all the volunteers who gave their time and enthusiasm to what looked to be an amazing, fun and positive day for so many. And a special thank you to the patient young Dr Bike, who despite being fully booked and working non-stop all day, fit in extra jobs with a smile. I am delighted to have brakes that work effectively and am ready to ride through the next lockdown.

Frances Mortimer
👍 4

Sat 12 Sep 2020, 20:08

Thanks Steven, it was great, wasn't it! At least 28 people got to try out an e-bike and many if not most seemed very enthusiastic about the experience. Perhaps we will see some of them gliding (almost) effortlessly up Charlbury's hills in the next months!

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍 5

Sat 12 Sep 2020, 20:02

A big thank you to Windrush Bike Project, the e-bike owners and everyone else who helped to make this afternoon's event on the school field such a good time! 

It was great to see so many people there, and I think everyone really enjoyed the kids' race and e-bike try-outs. 

James Styring
👍 4

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 16:53

Cath (and anyone else needing impromptu bike repairs): Windrush Bike Project's mechanic has solid appointments from 10am - 2.00pm. They said, "One more might tip him over the edge!" So not this time, I'm afraid.

But there's clearly demand for this kind of thing so we could look at booking in another Dr Bike session soon. 

James Styring
👍 4

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 15:44

Hannen: as well as giving people the chance to try out e-bikes as a potential personal transport solution, the Town Council is looking at the potential for an e-bike hire scheme in Charlbury. Hookie has one already.

James Styring
👍 1

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 15:40

I'll ask Windrush Bike Project, as they are adding half an hour to the e-bikes imagine they can do the same for the bike repairs.

Catherine Ball
👍

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 14:11

Thanks for extending the e-bike trials to accommodate more of us. Any chance more bike tune ups with Dr Bike could be added? It would be hugely appreciated. 

Frances Mortimer
👍

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 09:53

Hi Heather, you need to plug the battery in at home (normal socket) to charge up. They don't charge themselves up yet unfortunately, but they don't take too much power.

The try-out event (tomorrow) was getting full up so we have extended to 3pm to create new slots :) 

Book here: https://bookwhen.com/windrushbikeproject

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 10 Sep 2020, 12:58

Sounds like a great idea, but can't manage Saturday.

Heather, I agree, price is a concern.

I think they charge themselves?  What would I know?!

Heather Williams
👍 1

Thu 10 Sep 2020, 11:32

Do you just charge them up at home.  I can't make it this weekend, but I would be very interested indeed.  Price is a concern, but would be cheaper that the car in the long run.  Thanks.  Looking forward to the feedback.

James Styring
👍

Thu 10 Sep 2020, 09:05

Great to hear, Bridget! Maybe come along if you can this, Saturday 12th September, 1-2.30pm, to Wychwood Paddocks where the Town Council's Environment Working Group plus Windrush Bike Project and Warlands Cycles (Oxford) are demo-ing e-bikes, a few locals (Miles Walkden, Tony & Ann Lloyd, Frances Mortimer) are bringing their own e-bikes to show/for people to try out as well.  

Bridget Tennent
👍 1

Tue 8 Sep 2020, 22:17

I am a convert to an e-bike, I live just outside Charlbury (Taston) and use it to bike to Charlbury And Chippy to run errands. It is such a delight. I chose a sit up and beg style - it is a German brand with a Bosch ‘engine’, fantastic easy to change gears and Hydraulic brakes. It’s a Riese Muller Swing II. I really recommend it. I would be happy to demonstrate it too, if anyone was interested. 

Miles Walkden
👍 9

Tue 8 Sep 2020, 21:46

OK, I’ll admit it – I’m no eco warrior! I can’t take any credit for the shutting down of central London to bring attention to the dire ecological situation we are in, but, like most people, I try and do what I can to reduce, re-use and recycle.

One area…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.