Charlbury Noise Limitation Group

Derek Collett
👍

Sat 22 Jan 2011, 18:52

Thank you for your comment Mark but I would like to make it clear that I am not affiliated to the NLG in any way; the views I was expressing are purely my own and I would need to hear a lot more about the aims and intentions of such a group before committing myself either way. Since I made my original post I have also been informed by two different people that the NLG may seek to make a legal challenge to the terms of the Cornbury Park license. This is something I was completely unaware of when I wrote my post. I think therefore it would be helpful if you could say something about that in this Forum ahead of any public meeting you may arrange. Thanks.

John: I'm not quite sure what you are driving at. I did not write to WODC either in support of or in objection to the original Cornbury Park license application. I was a "Don't know" then and I remain a "Don't know" now. Given this (and the fact that I don't know Lady R at all) I fail to see what weight anyone will attach to a statement from me saying that I now believe she is telling the truth! It would be about as pointless as me asking Lady R if she thinks the Cricket Club are telling the truth! Also, in connection with the Cricket Club, please be aware that I am no longer a member of any of the Club's committees (just a rank-and-file member) and therefore a long way away from setting the Club's policy with regard to outdoor events. I just made the honest statement that "I know of no plans to substantially increase the number of events held at the ground in 2011" and this has now been confirmed by Paul Jenkins' subsequent post.

Can we be allowed to know what your allegiance is to Cornbury John? You have been very forthright and persistent on this issue for some weeks now but do you have any conflicts of interest that we should perhaps know about? I'm not trying to get at you at all, it would just be helpful to enable me (and perhaps other readers) to put your views into some sort of context.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.