Babysitting circle

Christine Donaldson
👍

Wed 19 Jan 2011, 17:48

Dear Andrew and Helen,

Thanks very much for responding to my post and for all your thoughts and comments. Andrew, we?re also new to Charlbury and so don?t know many people yet, but I figure this is a good way to start, and perhaps we could organise a few get-togethers initially so we all get a chance to meet each other and our children. Good point on the experience thing too. We have a 7 month year old so also don?t have much experience with older children. I wonder if Helen has any thoughts on this from her previous group? Helen thanks so much for all your input on things to think about when starting the circle. Your system sounds nice and simple which I like!

I was hoping to hear from a few more parents but it seems like we?re the only ones interested so far. However, I was talking to Sophie who runs the Charlbury mother and toddler club on a Monday and she said she was similarly thinking of starting one, and had a few potentially interested parents on her list. Therefore, I propose we join forces with her to get a reasonable number of people in the circle. I?m going to go along to the session on Monday (drop in between 9.30 and 11.30 in the town hall) and talk more to her about it. Is there any chance you guys could come along too? If not I?m happy just to chat with her and get back to you if you don?t mind me mentioning your details? Helen, how old are your kids? I also know a few other mums in Charlbury that I?ll speak to see if we can get a few more names on the list.

Emily, I?m sorry if you feel that baby sitting circles could be taking away your income. However, the reality is that lots of parents (like us) don?t have lots of extra cash to pay babysitters, but do have time to give and are probably keen to meet other parents in the area. Also, Charlbury has so many young families, I?m sure a circle of 10-15 won?t make much of a difference in a town of more than 3000. Finally, I haven?t seen any adverts or info on babysitters in Charlbury, despite looking for them so it might be good to stick up a few posters if you?re looking for more work?

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post.

Very best to you all!

Chris

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.