Charlbury Noise Limitation Group

Deleted user
👍

Sat 15 Jan 2011, 00:10

I think Dave, Christine and John probably are expressing what 95% of Charlbury think.

My family are proud of the contribution that the beer festival, riverside, cornbury, street fair and the new summer ball at the cricket club make. In fact as a family and community member of Charlbury I and or my family attended all these events for some part of the day or evening.

My understanding is that there will be no major events outside the summer and that the total events involving music not past midnight is likely to be 8 for a whole year period - no where near the figure
Mark indicates.

It does not appear to me to be excessive for a town that is proud of its musical background, artist nature, sporting achievements and community spirit. Looking at the considerable literature on Charlbury including the Parish councils website these are seen as major advantages of the Town.

I emplore people to put the situation into context.

I am afraid that Mark will indeed be seen to be trying to divide opinion and I would strongly recommend that the energies of the group he is trying to set up talk; not object to the groups that operate these events to understand the good they bring to the local community. Perhaps you can offer assistance and practical advice in how noise levels can be kept to acceptable levels to you as opposed to try and block such events.

It will also allow you to understand that the grants that the beer festival raise assist our childrens school, the Charlbury community and underprivileged children abroad, the maintenance of the corner house and memorial hall, and the supply of various sport to children from 3 years of age (including Cricket - in the year England have won the Ashes).

Like many things in life there is a cost benefit analysis to be undertaken.

For my family, who live right in the centre of Charlbury we are prepared to put up with the fractional disturbance that may be caused to ensure that Charlbury remains as it is today, a beautiful place to live a with vibrant and active community. I truely hope Mark and his group will ultimately have the same true vision of Charlbury Town.

Perhaps it is time to call an open meeting for the residents of all Charlbury to see if they are prepared to give up these events and the benfits they bring for piece and quiet for an additional 8 evenings a year or alternatively set up a petition that actual records support or otherwise for the the true designated events scheduled for 2011.

I would also be prepared to join the group to offer a balanced view. Perhaps others feel strongly enough to do the same.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.