Train Services this Summer from Charlbury

Chris Bates
👍

Wed 27 May 2009, 09:42

I'm unsure who posted an article under this title in 'Latest News', but it is unfortunately slightly inaccurate.

[/i]"Mondays to Thursdays from September to December:
The times in FGW's current pocket timetable are shown as "provisional". It appears from the timetable poster at the station (produced somewhat later) that a normal train service will operate during this period. It is now understood that overnight work will start in January 2010."[/i]

There *are* weeks of overnight disruption being currently planned by Network Rail - these are all Monday - Thursday nights....
7 - 10th September 2140hrs - 0500hrs (week 24)
14th - 17th September 2140 - 0500 (week 25)
21th - 24th September 2230 - 0500 (week 26)
16th - 19th November 2230 - 0500 (week 34)

In weeks 24 and 25, both the 2020 to Great Malvern & 2148 to Worcester SH will terminate at Oxford, with buses forward. In addition, the 2154 Swindon - Cheltenham will be extended to Worcester SH - the connection for this train will be the 2045 ex-Paddington.

In the 'up' direction, the 2059 Worcester SH to Padd will divert to Swindon via Cheltenham with connections to London from Swindon. The 2153 Hereford - Padd will terminate at Worcester SH and restart at booked time from Oxford. Road transport will operate off both these trains between Worcester SH and Oxford, with NO onward London conection off the later buses.

In weeks 26 & 34, only the last train in both directions will be replaced by buses between Oxford & Worcester SH.

There will ALSO be further overnight disruption in 2010 - current details are as follows, but no doubt there may be more going on into 2010....

4th Jan - 20th May (Mon-Thurs nights 2140 - 0500)
The pattern above for weeks 24 & 25 apply.

Also, this paragraph in the news item
[i]"Monday to Friday 26th to 30th October:
It transpires that the engineering work which will affect train services during this period is between Oxford and Wolvercot Junction. This will prevent trains running between Oxford and at least Hanborough. No details are yet available of where buses will replace trains during this period."[/i]

Not sure where this piece of info was obtained, but neither FGW nor Network Rail own up to knowing anything about it and this is NOT happening.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.