Stop dumping raw sewage into the river Evenlode

Nicola Leyland
👍 12

Sat 8 Jan 2022, 11:37

a friend wrote this poem over Christmas:

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

(The Water Company that Keeps on Giving)

On the first day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me tidings of a sewage spill at Witney

On the second day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the third day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the fourth day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the fifth day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me 5 pads with wings, 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the sixth day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me river birds abating, 5 pads with wings, 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the seventh day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me 7 swimmers vomming, river birds abating, 5 pads with wings, 6 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the eighth day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me slimy fungus forming, 7 swimmers vomming, river birds abating, 5 pads with wings, 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the ninth day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me aquatic insects dying, slimy fungus forming, 7 swimmers vomming, river birds abating, 5 pads with wings, 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the tenth day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me fishes gender-bending, aquatic insects dying, slimy fungus forming, 7 swimmers vomming, river birds abating, 5 pads with wings, 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me plant life declining, fishes gender-bending, aquatic insects dying, slimy fungus forming, 7 swimmers vomming, river birds abating, 5 pads with wings, 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Thames Water sent to me green algae blooming, plant life declining, fishes gender-bending, aquatic insects dying, slimy fungus forming, 7 swimmers vomming, river birds abating, 5 pads with wings, 4 floating turds, countless pathogens, microplastic sludge and another sewage spill at Witney.                              Theresa Kay

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.