Town Council traffic topic

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 8

Thu 18 Nov 2021, 11:22 (last edited on Thu 18 Nov 2021, 13:45)

Thanks for the link James, it would have been a great help to put a link on the original traffic proposal post in the "latest news" section in the first place, but as always better late than never I suppose, also it may be worth adding on the original post now as it still not been added 2 days later plus it looks more professional (just saying).

But I do have a question regarding these proposals as in where else can Charlbury residents find out about these sort of proposals that the council would like " Joe Public " views on ? as not everyone in the town has access to the internet and some don’t want access.

Especially for proposals that the council are mulling over now which will affect everyone should they be passed, as the post says you propose to submit as part of the TRO, subject to listening to views on whether these are changes that Charlbury supports.

And how do you know that you have an accurate representation of the Charlbury electorate to even decide on submitting them just as part of the TRO ?

As many residents may not have even heard of these proposals being discussed, I for one wouldn’t of heard of it if I hadn’t of been on the Charlbury Info site.

I personally have no problem with putting in physical traffic calming methods such as bollards etc along the Slade etc and to adding and removing double yellow lines as stated but as to " Pander " to a few cyclist in allowing them to legally run riot through the town centre, down one way streets just to save them a few minutes from getting from A to B beggars belief, it won’t be long before a driver coming down Browns lane to the Bull junction takes out the said Cyclist coming up Market St trust me I can see near misses every now and then from my shop window.

Also I presume that should this ludicrous idea gets bulldozed through for the “few” then we will have a load more ugly signage dotted around the town albeit on metal post and or painted on the roads ( if you can call them roads judging by the appalling state of them).

I hope that the council members do take into account the comments on the Charlbury info site and that they look at the number of likes given to each comment as that should give you a fair idea of what people think ( at present my first comment on the cyclist contraflow idea is streets ahead).

But I do urge everyone who “liked” my view/comment on the cyclist contraflow that you please email the town council via the link they have finely given charlburytownclerk@gmail.com and tell them you think it’s a bloody stupid idea and that you like many others disagree with their proposal.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.