Dog Waste Bins

Peter Kenrick
👍 3

Tue 2 Nov 2021, 15:12 (last edited on Tue 2 Nov 2021, 15:25)

To expand on Claire's comments, I am one of the town councillors who met with the WODC officer and our District Councillor last week and I am now continuing to monitor the situation and am keeping in contact with the WODC officer to report issues.  The meeting happened after the town council made strong representations to WODC following the unannounced removal of a bin from the Spendlove site as I reported in an earlier thread at https://www.charlbury.info/forum/8469 . That bin was rapidly replaced!

The new dual bins for both litter and dog waste are being introduced because both kinds of waste can now be dealt with through the same incineration process.  This approach means that even with fewer bins overall, there should be more locations available and more capacity for both kinds of waste.  The review and replacement programme also allows old rusty and tatty bins to be removed which was necessary anyway.  Time will tell but we will continue to monitor the situation and to listen to your comments.

Some bins are being removed altogether where usage is deemed to be low and/or where another bin is available close by.  However, these are not always appropriate criteria and where a clear need can be demonstrated and the town council agrees, we will do what we can to get a new bin installed.

Inevitably, during the replacement programme, mistakes will be made and I am reporting these to WODC as I find them.  I have reported two mistakes today and received immediate and positive responses that they will be sorted out.  They are: 1. Bin & dog bin removed from the junction of the Slade and Ticknell Lane (opposite the school) - a new dual bin will be installed here.  2. Old bin with wooden slatted sides removed from Church Street by the bus stop - a new dual bin will be installed here.  Keep a look out and tell us about any issues you see!

I have also asked for a map and list of bins in Charlbury to be sent to the town council once this review and replacement programme is complete.  When we get it, we will find a way of sharing it with you. 

I hope this helps but do keep your comments coming and we will keep you posted on any significant developments.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.