Wilderness thankyou !

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2017, 11:00 (last edited on Mon 7 Aug 2017, 11:23)

Once again a big thankyou to the Wilderness organisers for a great festival, all weekend everyone of the visitors to the festival seemed to have a good time, I saw lots of locals enjoying their discounted tickets and really getting involved in the great atmosphere that had been created for this magical weekend, the range of different styles of music and activities on offer was once again superb and despite the inclement weather there was so much to do, from the debates, the massages, shops and food to the Wilderness choir ,the Valley and all leading to the finale of Grace Jones, whilst she is not really my cup of tea she was surprisingly brilliant after she had finished we all headed down to the valley for one last bop which as with previous visits seemed again to have trouble with one of their tracks which kept repeating the same 30 second sample all night (or am I just getting old ? ) but the atmosphere was electric but you should of seen the look of disappointment on the revellers faces when the music went off at midnight on Sunday they all looked as though a parent had taken a cute puppy from them (so sad) and so it was all over, the end of a great weekend, and a big thankyou to the organisers for a fab time.

I really hope that Charlbury appreciates all you guys do for putting our town on the map for this once a year spectacular and yes as a few have pointed out it does disrupt the town for a while during and either side of the actual festival, the music going on till the early hours I know I was there camping and surprisingly still managed to get some good sleep whilst all this went on, yes the signs for directions were a problem around the town and needs to be addressed to help keep them unnecessary traffic out of the town centre and off the bridges which has weight restrictions etc, but I'm sure that no matter how many times the organisers are sure to of told their suppliers who come to kit out the festival that they must follow the Wilderness signs you are always going to get the ones who know a better route or rely on the dreaded SAT NAVs to direct them so apart from having a manned sentry and barrier at all entry points of the town you are never going to win that one completely and so this brings me onto another problem pointed out by some the PARKING around town well yes that has always been a problem in Charlbury all year round, not just when this festival is on, so to me that's really just a cheap shot to suggest the organisers are to blame for this, Charlbury could always do with more parking but apart from sacrificing a football pitch or the playing close and covering them in tarmac you are never going to win, especially as the last suitable bit of land that had been available has just had a rather splendid looking tin shed erected on it, but I suppose we could convert this into a multi-storey carpark each time Charlbury has a big event on couldn't we ?
But surely overall the amount of business this festival brings to the town must be immense from the accommodation providers the cafe's and pubs and not forgetting the co-op these sectors will always be the main financial winners for the influx of visitors to the town which will then have a knock on effect , it boosts local employment to these sectors who will then in turn spend their hard earned money locally (hopefully in my shop) and this all helps keep this community going and for that I'm truly grateful.Oh and almost forgot in case you can't get enough of Wilderness BBC Radio 2 at 8pm tonight will have Jo Whiley playing music and interviews from the festival so open your windows crank up the volume and revisit a great weekend :-)
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08zqcsd

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.