S3 bus survey

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 17 Feb 2017, 12:18 (last edited on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 12:19)

Can I persuade all potential bus users to complete the survey about the S3 by February 22nd: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/oxfordshire/woodstock-make-your-mark

According the Stagecoach representative who was carrying out the survey on the bus, it is (for once) not about a possible reduction in services, but might even lead to an increase of buses to Charlbury. The question they are interested in is whether Charlbury residents would welcome some (not all) of the buses being re-routed from Woodstock, via Oxford Motor Park, Kidlington, Oxford Parkway & Water Eaton & Summertown into the centre of Oxford (i.e. along the current Stagecoach 7 route).

You have also a chance to give other feedback, e.g. about the (lack of) buses on a Sunday, or the really rotten information on live bus times at points in Charlbury prior to The Bell, and also the possibility of a direct bus to the JR hospitals.

As bus users probably already know, there is at present a stupid bus war between Stagecoach & Oxford Bus Company on the routes between Woodstock and Oxford, with 3 buses often timetabled to depart within 5 minutes of each other. The S3 goes along the Woodstock Rd; the new Stagecoach Gold 7 takes the Oxford Parkway Route (stopping nearby, but without actually going up to the station or into Water Eaton P&R), & Oxford Bus Co. 500 starts in Old Woodstock & then goes right up to the station & into Water Eaton P&R before carrying on to the centre of Oxford.

This cannot carry on, & the 2 bus companies have arranged to meet to decide the way forward. Obviously, the 500 route is better for those taking heavy luggage to the station, but the Stagecoach 7 stop is also not bad as there's then a slope down to the station, rather than steps.

Richard did post a news item about the survey. Thank you Richard! But I thought more information might encourage more people to have their say.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.