Is your broadband ok?

Gill Begnor
👍

Tue 22 Nov 2016, 15:48

I called Plusnet yesterday and was on hold for around 20 minutes before I spoke to someone who had to put me on hold for several minutes and consult someone else, as he didn't know how to deal with this situation. He came back and advised me that I should call BT - but I pointed out that I pay them to provide a service - I have no contract with BT and therefore should not have to be chasing up their suppliers for them. He then told me that I would have to be put through to a different department to log a new call (as my original call was closed when broadband was restored, despite the fact that it drops out several times a day). After another 20 minute wait, I was told that I needed to hang up while a line check was done. I explained that there was no point doing a line check, as the line was fine at that point - it just drops out several times a day when the batteries are replaced. She told me she had to do a line check anyway, as that is the only way in which a fault could be raised. She then called me back and told me that the line check had shown no fault on the line! She then said she would arrange an engineer's visit and started to tell me that if the fault turned out to be in my house I would have to pay! I reminded her that the fault is not in my house - someone ran over our junction box! I also said that it would be a complete waste of time sending an engineer to the junction box, as the problem is with the electricity supply. She then told me that she would log the fault and I would get a text message giving me an update but that it may take 3-4 days to fix. I then received the following text messages, in this order: 1) is missed there will be a charge of £50 to rebook. If you will not be available then please contact us with at least 2 working days notice on 0800 432 0200 2) Your Fibre appointment has been booked for 11/12/2015 between 8 am and 1 pm. Please be available to allow the engineer access to the property. If the appointment 3) please reply to this text advising on what has changed for us to investigate further. 4) Plusnet: Your fault has now been raised with Openreach and they have advised on the estimated time to repair being 15/1/16 If your fault changes in any way. So everyone can stop worrying ?" the fault was fixed last January ?" but just in case it was not, an engineer is coming to my house last December to resolve it…….

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.