Guitar lessons in your own home - all ages and abilities

Alex Martin
👍

Tue 27 Sep 2016, 10:17

Hi all - this is my first post, hope I've got the right place!

As it says above, I'm offering guitar lessons in and around the Charlbury area. I've got 20 years' experience, played in bands and have extensive recording and record production experience at home and in professional studios. I can cover all popular styles of playing - rock, pop, blues, folk, jazz, soul & funk.

My approach is to find out what music you like, what your goals are and come up with a plan over a course of weeks to get you there, playing music you love. You must be willing to put in the hours practising in between lessons (suggested frequency is once a week, but I can fit in with whatever fits your life) - that way you get the most out of your lessons and are ready to move on up week after week. In return, I will bring enthusiasm, understanding and will properly prepare all lessons so you get the absolute maximum out of our contact time. It's best if you play the guitar you normally play with at home during lessons although I can bring a spare electric guitar if more convenient.

Despite my extensive experience as a musician, I'm new to teaching and my prices reflect this fairly I think. Plus, you don't have to travel anywhere! Rates are:

30 mins: £15
1 hour: £25

Please call me on (07525) 045052 to discuss what I can do for you. Guitar lessons make wonderful gifts for people too - do you know someone who would love to play but hasn't found the spark to get going yet?

A bit about me - my name is Alex Martin, I'm 33 years old and am from Stonesfield originally (and have family still there). I left the village in 2002 to study Music Technology at Keele University for 3 years, then moved to London where I stayed nearly 10 years. There I played in a band called the Comet Line (you can find them on iTunes and Spotify if you're curious). I've recently started a more electronic duo called Labrador (although there's plenty of guitar in there still you'll be pleased to know!) who have our debut album due out soon.

My wife, dog (Teddy - a miniature dachshund) and I have just recently moved to Charlbury and really love the community spirit we've seen here. It's a refreshing change from impersonal London! As such, I'd like to do my bit passing on my musical knowledge and experience to people here and hopefully meet some very passionate and willing musicians in the process.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.