New fence in cornbury park

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 8 Jan 2016, 16:51

Roy and Peter
I find it very annoying when those posting cannot be bothered to read what has already been said.
Therefore I repeat that the purpose of the fence is to prevent walker being in danger from Livestock. The law states 'If you are walking a dog, you must make sure that it does not stray off legal lines of a public footpath as this may constitute an act of trepass. Also ensure that you clean up your dog mess, if your dog fouls up on a footpath.' You may not believe that there can be accidents but if you look at this Times article www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4608303.ece
you can see that 74 people have been killed in the past 15 years. Therefore all landowners have a duty to protect the public by fences if required. It is certainly no justification to say your family has been trespassing for generations - if one of your family got killed I am sure you would blame the landowner.
So can we please stop all of this. The only effect would be to alienate the landowner and those of us who really appreciate him allowing us to do the boundary or other walks or to visit the park on New Years Day might find we are no longer able to do those things.
Therefore ill informed rants such as this are very inconsiderate.
Liz'z point is more difficult and Landowners have a duty not to restrict the path. However where it is flooded unless it could be shown this was due to an overflowing drain no action could be taken. In fact I have been discussing further improvements to paths in the Estate and it is quite possible with goodwill that this could be done in future. Again I would not want this to be in jeopardy. I am afraid that in this case we may need to accept that it is not suitable for walking at the moment. We are fortunate that there are many other paths around the Town some of which are not so muddy. At the moment walking and particularly dog walking is actually making the situation worse.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.