Security Systems Scam in Charlbury

Andrew Wilkins
👍

Thu 15 Sep 2011, 14:28

I have been registered with the TPS for years but it seems that there are many unscrupulous organisations/individuals at home and abroad who can get round it. As a result I now have a device attached to my phone line called "Truecall" This will monitor every incoming and outgoing call from your line and allow you to define who you want to call and who who you do not wish to receive calls from. Those numbers you trust and are probably regular callers you can mark as "Starred Callers" in the device and they will be put through to you normally. Any number from which you do not wish to receive calls can be defined as a "Zap" call and the Truecall device will answer any such call with an automated message telling the caller that you do not wish to receive their call. For all other callers, i.e. those not registered on the device, the Truecall asks the caller to identify themselves and your phone then rings and the device asks you if you wish to receive this call. If you press "1" on your phone receiver, the call comes through. If you press the hash key, the machine tells the caller that you do not wish to take the call and you do not get involved. You have a personalised access to the Truecall web site and at regular intervals your device sends the details of calls in and out to the web site and you can access this web site after entering your password etc and see exactly what numbers have called you (including numbers that have not been allowed through to you)and what numbers you have called. Where a caller has withheld their number the report tells that the number was withheld and also lists international calls. It is surprising how many international calls I receive but I am not bothered with them because Truecall does not let them through to me as I have no international contacts and that is how I like it. This system is brilliant and saves all the hassle reported on this thread. It also acts as a recorder of calls. Search on Truecall for more details if you are interested.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.