The Atlantic Wars- anyone got a copy I could borrow/buy?

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Thu 29 Dec 2022, 17:30

There is a paperback copy available through Oxfordshire Libraries. Why not borrow it from them? 

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 29 Dec 2022, 11:45

The cost of even second-hand copies of this book is for the lowest asking price £25 squid from ABE Books (which John P of this 'ere Parish uses or unloading stuff from Cornerstone! Yes, the eBook is somewhat more reasonable at £12.99 ... but what about the maps?

Hence the reason I was hoping to borrow dead-tree version to read...

K Harper
👍

Sat 24 Dec 2022, 16:07

A* have copies in various formats including one from Audible where you can listen to it being read to you (if you can stay awake that is - a concept I struggle with!). Audible is a subscription service but you can cancel at any time before it automatically renews. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atlantic-Wars-Fifteenth-Century-Revolution/dp/B08W1C2DBM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2139AMUG8ELCR&keywords=The+Atlantic+Wars+by+Geoffrey+Plank+%282020%29&qid=1671897833&s=books&sprefix=the+atlantic+wars+by+geoffrey+plank+2020+%2Cstripbooks%2C67&sr=1-1

Kind regards Kris

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 24 Dec 2022, 15:38 (last edited on Sat 24 Dec 2022, 15:49)

The Atlantic Wars by Geoffrey Plank (2020) is supposed to be the bee’s knee’s of history books recently written and iconoclastic etc

I’d love to read it. As a Canadian son of a war marriage I ended up back in Sussex in my teens Fifty+ years ago  and was blessed with a university education via the full maintenance grant which made all the difference for working class kids from poor backgrounds , met an English girl, and stayed . But I am fascinated the long years of  war from the 1500s onwards that  created the “new world “ the world of my youth and the intensity of the relationship as a young (Protestant!) Anglo-Scots-Irish Canadian to the Home Country. It was a visceral sentiment hard to explain and probably ' hardly logical!

I heard a long podcast in this book but buying it is fabulously expensive and I am wondering if anyone in the town has a copy I could borrow or buy second hand? 

Last few times I’ve tried inter library loans my requests have been turned down…

Hopefully someone can help . Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.