Road Safety- Gritting / Salt

Claire Wilding
👍

Wed 14 Dec 2022, 21:45

There's a salt bin on Ticknell piece up the top end. 

Mary Heckman
👍

Wed 14 Dec 2022, 15:03

I haven’t noticed any salt bins around Ticknell Piece - are there any?

Liz Reason
👍 2

Tue 13 Dec 2022, 18:22

It would be good if people could volunteer to clear the pavements outside their homes, and to distribute salt from the bins.  I think some people - us included - have salt provided by the council and there must be others. Please email if you are one of those.  Thanks.

Jim Holah
👍

Tue 13 Dec 2022, 17:44

Gritter just treated Enstone Rd tonight

Nikki Rycroft
👍 9

Mon 12 Dec 2022, 16:34

I’ve had to drive around the villages this morning, and all the roads, even minor ones,  including through Spelsbury/ Chadlington / Ascott and up to the A361 to Chippy were absolutely clear....even though many fields and trees were covered in snow. 

Excellent gritting thank you. 

Jim Holah
👍 9

Mon 12 Dec 2022, 11:24

I've successfully had many kerbstones reset by reporting them through "fix my street", a very useful app that registers & forwards the report to the correct authority.  Try using it, it works & you receive updates on progress too.

Liz Leffman
👍 2

Mon 12 Dec 2022, 08:50

Have sent a reminder about the ones at Enstone Road as these are the responsibility of Milestone, the contractor that did the work there,  but generally, the replacement of setts is pretty low on the list of necessary work, due to budget constraints.

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Mon 12 Dec 2022, 07:30

Simon - this is OCC.  I’ve reported some that were damaged during the works on the Enstone Road cross roads, but no news yet on when they will be reset.

Simon J Harley
👍

Mon 12 Dec 2022, 05:14

Who organises the replacement of kerb stones?  There are numerous ones loose or missing around the town. 

Liz Leffman
👍

Sun 11 Dec 2022, 22:34 (last edited on Sun 11 Dec 2022, 22:36)

Town and parish councils organise gritting of pavements.

Emily Algar
👍 3

Sun 11 Dec 2022, 17:52

It would also be great if the pavements were also gritted, particularly those at the Enstone Crossroads, Dyers Hill (walking down to the station can prove treacherous at times) and the Slade. 

Liz Leffman
👍 8

Sun 11 Dec 2022, 10:27

I get regular updates from the county gritting teams and I can assure you that it is being done. There will be extra gritting done today in the expectation of more freezing weather on its way.

Rachel Ramsay
👍 1

Sun 11 Dec 2022, 09:21

A gritter lorry came past me down Brown’s Lane on Friday night. 

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 11 Dec 2022, 08:38

Do our roads no longer get treated in exceptionally cold and icy as I no longer see or hear the vehicles and noticing a few ‘ spin offs ‘ - the issue of road safety moves to a new dimension 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.