Electrical works last night

patricia winstanley
👍 1

Thu 8 Dec 2022, 13:21 (last edited on Thu 8 Dec 2022, 13:22)

....and still SSE are calling us to ask if we have had a power cut.on the Playing Close.(see comment from weekend before last).    They called us again with the same question on Tuesday....all rather odd....and incompetent.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 3

Wed 7 Dec 2022, 12:06 (last edited on Wed 7 Dec 2022, 12:06)

Danielle, the Deli and our shop have had 3 power cuts over the last couple of weeks resulting in the deli losing stock, the engineers replaced the fuses at the sub station with some sort of locators last time, as they said it's an ongoing problem the power went off again yesterday from about 3pm when the engineers came out and did a lot of testing on the pavements and this time found the faults resulting in the digging, we had power restored around 11pm last night ( had to get a take away to eat ) but due to them having to shut down parts of church st they had to some linking of the cables thus why it took longer than expected and as you may hear they are at it again today, fingers crossed it will be resolved soon.

Danielle Brown
👍 1

Wed 7 Dec 2022, 11:30

Hi all. Was anyone else aware about the SSE works at 9pm last night beforehand? Outside the rose and crown they turned up and started digging up the path. Electricity went off at 9pm and they made so much noise for hours. I’m not normally one to complain however in my opinion this was ridiculous without warning.. unless I missed the warning somehow!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.