Water leak in (appropriately enough) Pooles Lane

Simon J Harley
👍 6

Wed 7 Dec 2022, 06:34

As predicted, absolutely lethal this morning.  I have just had a fall here while walking the dog and I was being cautious. Thankfully, I'm reasonably young and certainly well padded so no harm done, but I am concerned for our more frail members of the community.

Simon J Harley
👍 3

Mon 5 Dec 2022, 21:10

I wonder who would be liable (if anyone), if an accident occurred due to this leak?  This area will be treacherous if it should freeze before a solution is found. 

Heather Donegan
👍

Mon 5 Dec 2022, 14:48

Someone from Thames water has just driven passed and taken a look at the leak. He confirmed that it was not their problem. Hopefully the property owner will be able to get it fixed before the temperature drops below freezing.

Heather Donegan
👍

Sat 3 Dec 2022, 18:23 (last edited on Sat 3 Dec 2022, 22:57)

Some years ago a stream broke out of the bank next to Kuzniks and work was done to redirect it underground again. My understanding is that this is the same stream which has re-emerged because of the building work. I spoke to a couple of the people working at the site on Friday, who told me it would be sorted out as the current land work was completed.

John Kearsey
👍

Sat 3 Dec 2022, 17:24

Just wondering if anyone has reported the leak from the drive of what was Kuznik's at the corner of Sandford Rise. It could make  things tricky when we get the predicted sub zero temperatures from Tuesday next week.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.