Is Charlbury in the bermuda triangle

brian
👍

Mon 3 Aug 2009, 21:28

Maybe there could have been 50+ passengers waiting at Kingham for the return journey??

Derek Collett
👍

Mon 3 Aug 2009, 15:43

Another classic last night: the 19.00 rail replacement coach from Oxford to Charlbury left Oxford with four people onboard. Two of these left at Hanborough and I got off at Charlbury, leaving one woman to travel in splendid isolation (plus the driver of course!) between Charlbury and Kingham on a 52-seater coach! Utter madness. I hope FGW will be offsetting the environmental impact of running all these virtually empty coaches repeatedly back and forth through the Cotswolds over the course of the last fortnight.

Derek Collett
👍

Fri 31 Jul 2009, 18:14

I don't think that the coach drivers are using anything as technologically advanced as sat nav Roger! I used the coach to return to Charlbury from Oxford on the first day that the line was closed. The coach driver had been summoned from an assignment in Wales at short notice…

Long post - click to read full text

Chris Bates
👍

Fri 31 Jul 2009, 09:58

I've just alerted the Managers at FGW to this post. Hopefully, things might improve.

Roger Short
👍

Thu 30 Jul 2009, 10:35

Just when i thought things were getting towards being normal in Charlbury along comes FGW with the idea to redouble the track and use buses whilst this goes ahead.
That said and a good idea it is ,its a good job trains do not need sat navs like buses .So far in two weeks or less i have witnessed one bus coming up pooles lane and having to try to turn UP Enstone road (he was lucky because the car parked outside the co-op belonged to someone inside)and secondly this morning i saw a bus come down Enstone road and turn along Market street obviously going towards the station .I only assume that they are using outdated sat navs because Worths were stopped from using that route some time ago.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.