Lady B is seeking to open VIP club

Peter Jeskins
👍 1

Tue 29 Nov 2022, 17:42

Something is happening yes, news… not yet 👍

Rod Evans
👍

Tue 29 Nov 2022, 14:50

Well something's happening there - decorators visible this morning...   Is there news?

Peter Jeskins
👍 9

Tue 29 Nov 2022, 14:11

You just can’t help but laugh at all the local folk that come out the woodwork to spout their negativity and resentment every time the names Bamford or Clarkson are mentioned 😆 the Bell may not be the new club but I look forward to the day it becomes Lady B’s or Clarkson new pub!  

Christine Battersby
👍 3

Mon 28 Nov 2022, 09:58

Amusing speculation, but The Club is sited on the Daylesford Estate. All about gyms, pools and the like. Easily avoided - thank goodness! 

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Mon 28 Nov 2022, 09:34

I like the men's shed idea.   One for the Workshop?

Valerie Stewart
👍 1

Mon 28 Nov 2022, 09:25

The Telegraph article begins with a description of Daylesford Farm, where - it says - the produce is 'reassuringly expensive.'

The last time I heard that phrase used was in Sydney, Oz, to advertise a brothel called A Touch of Class.  

(My friend Viv bought her husband a gift voucher for his 40th, and told him that she hoped he'd never need to use it). 

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Mon 28 Nov 2022, 09:03

In the Telegraph https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/11/27/how-cotswolds-became-vip-capital-britain/

They don't say where the club is to be. What would happen if it is the Bell inn?

Expect many well bronzed women turning up in very large black SUVs walking around town looking for shops, and being extremely confused because there does not seem to be any I saw you coming shops with bits of greysh painted bits of wood... 

This could be a brilliant business opportunity for say the man shed people. Find a piece of timber with wood worm damage (I have plenty of that), paint it with Annie Sloan paint. Charge £ 1,000. Laugh all the way to the bank. The future is very bright.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.