Train times working again, and Bus as well

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 23 Nov 2022, 16:58 (last edited on Wed 23 Nov 2022, 16:58)

I know - it's on the to-do list but Rome wasn't built in a day etc. etc.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 23 Nov 2022, 15:38

Great to have the bus times added. Thank you, Richard. 

But there are extra buses as well -- not all buses go to The Bell. This is particularly important for those travelling at commuter times when the no 7 bus from Oxford is what is needed. Also early in the morning as well. Some number 7 buses go straight across at the Enstone crossroads -- some go via Enstone. Most don't go anywhere near The Bell.

No 7 buses  plus S3 buses here: The S3/no 7 bus timetable is here: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/Oxford_Timetables/S3_current.pdf

I do wish these buses could be renumbered. Last week I met a blind chap in Oxford who had ended up in Chipping Norton having been told he needed the S3 bus for Charlbury; but he then believed that he could ONLY get no 7 buses -- which run through Charlbury on a very limited timetable and also on a couple of different routes. I wish there could be S3A and S3B -- might also need more. Plus 7A and 7B, again perhaps need more options as well. The Stagecoach live app is also jolly confusing. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 4

Wed 23 Nov 2022, 12:17

No problem!

The bus times shown are those at the Bell.

The X9 buses have only recently had real-time running equipment fitted and the information can be a little erratic. So please don't think “oh, the Witney bus is five minutes late” and stay at home until then. I’ve added a few workarounds for the erratic data, but it looks like some of the drivers occasionally select the wrong destination on the bus, and that confuses the online system.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 3

Wed 23 Nov 2022, 12:04

Just noticed that the train departures are working again, and now we have the bus departure information as well. Vary handy. Well done to our webmaster.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.