Cable

Phil Morgan
👍 1

Sat 19 Nov 2022, 12:43

Ah, wonderful; pedantry is alive and well in Charlbury. Long may it continue...

Angus B
👍 2

Sat 19 Nov 2022, 06:36

Sorry, John; I was never much good at counting… except when I was teaching maths.

John Partington
👍

Sat 19 Nov 2022, 03:13 (last edited on Sat 19 Nov 2022, 03:19)

1. No: four, Angus.
  2. [How do I get rid of those numbers?]
Angus B
👍 1

Fri 18 Nov 2022, 23:24 (last edited on Sat 19 Nov 2022, 05:31)

John, do you mean ‘the latter one’? Aren’t there only two? 😉

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Fri 18 Nov 2022, 18:17

If I were more knowledgeable about BT cables in ducts, I would have commented. 

John Partington
👍 3

Fri 18 Nov 2022, 17:25 (last edited on Fri 18 Nov 2022, 18:00)

I'm now hoping that I've used the subjunctive properly in the above...

Had you spelled them correctly, Steve, your subjunctives would have been masterly.  Were you to delete the 'h' in the last one, they would be unimpeachable.

Steve Jones
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2022, 15:34

Openreach has a policy that all new housing developments will be serviced with optical fibre, not copper, so this will be for the Blenheim housing development. The optical fibre will be connected into wherever the nearest fibre distribution point is (my guess is there's probably one near the Bull corner), and they ran the optical fibre down the existing ducting along Sheep Street (which is what I saw them doing). It will be connected to the new houses by whatever ducting is being laid by the developer of the housing.

If Openreach were to put full fibre into existing properties then it would be more disruptive, depending on how the final distribution is done. In Sheep Street the phone cable (and any fibre) comes down ducting, but (at the bottom of the road at least), there is a utility pole and then it's then overhead. However, for any property which is fed by direct buried cable then there would be a lot more work, although if it's duct fed to the properties then that ought to be easier.

If Openreach where to put full fibre into Charlbury there will be disruption of course, but there's also a lot of existing ducting as well, so probably not as disruptive as tjhe Gigaclear work.

I'm now hoping that I've used the subjunctive properly in the above...

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2022, 14:59

Bt cable, new boxes being fitted think the engineer said down sheep st could be by the building site and he said  the play school think by the way he was pointing possible the railway kids school.

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Fri 18 Nov 2022, 12:05

Does anyone know why more cable is being laid in the town centre?  I thought we had seen the back of cable laying for a few years?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.