Charlbury Cemetary!

Deborah Longshaw
👍 35

Thu 10 Nov 2022, 11:09

James - when you suddenly loose a child & then lay them to rest in a place you feel should be safe from any interference, to only - on two separate occasions, come to find their grave site interfered with, please let me know. I accept until you have had such an unfortunate experience no one can understand the feelings involved! The Town Council are wholly responsible for the Cemetery - so, please tell me who should I call out for this?!

I cannot adequately express the shock & anger I felt last Sunday & the effect it had on me!

Your comment is wholly unnecessary & as I said, once you have been in such a situation only then have you any right to leave one!!

James Norris
👍 6

Thu 10 Nov 2022, 01:10 (last edited on Thu 10 Nov 2022, 01:10)

Well done Lisa, didn’t really deserve the public name and shame over something you have no control over, but emotions run high. Glad all is resolved

Deborah Longshaw
👍 8

Wed 9 Nov 2022, 19:39

After speaking with Lisa on the phone today. The matter has been resolved. Thank you, Lisa for taking the time to call.

Rosemary Bennett
👍 7

Tue 8 Nov 2022, 09:06

Deborah, I am saddened to see that you have been presented with  a heartbreaking situation, for a second time. The desecration of your daughter’s grave is unforgivable.

Deborah Longshaw
👍 12

Mon 7 Nov 2022, 17:10 (last edited on Mon 7 Nov 2022, 18:22)

Just received an unacceptable response from Lisa Wilkinson from the Town Council, attempting to blame mourners from a recent funeral. If the recently deceased’s grave had been closer to my daughter’s grave, I might accept that explanation.  Why would mourners take a grave marker off one grave & put it on another? Why physically pick up and move items from another grave even further away & put them on my daughter’s grave? It doesn’t make sense. But someone trying to strim between graves might (with my daughter’s grave having settled & they way the T.C packs the graves in, it is difficult now to ascertain where one ends & another starts) put items they have moved to enable them to strim in that area back incorrectly. That said, it only takes standing back & looking at the rows to get a fair idea. It would therefore be nice to have some sort of apology rather than trying to pass the buck.

Also, it doesn’t say much for an individual who thinks it is ok to sign off an email such as this one with a ‘K.R’ instead of ‘Kind Regards’! The Town Council need to seriously re-appraise they way they deal with such complaints! 

Liz Reason
👍 12

Sun 6 Nov 2022, 19:26

Dear Deborah, The town council will look into this immediately. Liz

Deborah Longshaw
👍 3

Sun 6 Nov 2022, 13:03

I am beyond furious!!

Once again I have come down to my daughter’s grave only to find it has yet again been defiled! I couldn’t, in the first instance even find her grave! The only thing that identified it was the slate marker I had installed. Once again items that were in it had been moved, except this time we now have someone else’s grave market stuck in there, plus items belonging to the still born twins at the foot of her grave had been moved and put on her grave!! I had only been down last Sunday to plant some cyclamen - now thanks to whomever is responsible for this two of them have gone!! 
I can only assume that since it looks like the grass has been cut in and around the graves that blame possibly could lie with whomever the Town Council employs to do the job. No other graves appear to have suffered such disturbance!!

I thought the last incident was bad enough but ..,,well, I simply have no words! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.