Childrens books

Tim Gosling
👍

Fri 28 Oct 2022, 18:58 (last edited on Fri 28 Oct 2022, 18:58)

Thanks for everyone's interest. About half of the books have gone now to Charlbury primary school. I have about 100 left. They are all for about 14 years onwards. I am sorry but there was only the two for early readers. If any local group is interested please let me know as i will start taking them to the Cornerhouse from tomorrow.  

Georgia Mazower
👍

Fri 28 Oct 2022, 17:10

Thanks, Tim. If you do have some for me to look at give me a shout. 

Claire Wilding
👍 1

Tue 25 Oct 2022, 22:33

I expect Charlbury Primary would be glad of them, I can ask after half term?

Tim Gosling
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2022, 18:47

Thank you Alison. That sounds a good idea there. Georgia. I would love to help but the age group might be too high. I am thinking more appropriate for 8 to 11 year olds. I have found a couple of younger ones though so will look through and see what i find. You are welcome to as many or as few as you would like.

Jonathan Mazower
👍 3

Tue 25 Oct 2022, 09:51

Hi Tim - I'm the new Reception/Year One teacher at Chadlington Primary and I'm building up the collection there for the children (4-6 years) so I am always looking for good books for my age group. You may want to keep the collection together though but if not I'd be very happy to come and look. If it's a mixed collection in terms of quality, I could also weed out poor quality stuff for you that probably won't find new homes easily. I'm on 0774 0620939 but using my husband's account as it was open. Many thanks, Georgia. 

Alison Marshall
👍 2

Tue 25 Oct 2022, 09:30

There are a number of charities that take children's books to distribute to families/schools in need. This is one that will deal with large amounts, https://childrensbookproject.co.uk/donate-books/. They have local drop off places.

Tim Gosling
👍 2

Mon 24 Oct 2022, 22:01

I have been handed many (a couple of hundred i would think) childrens books and young adult fiction. Most are unread (which is a bit sad) and i have been asked to find a deserving home for them. If any school, group or charity are planning on running a book stall and would like them please do send me a message and you can collect them from the Green. I know the corner house is always looking for books which usually receive ours, but this is such a large collection i thought i might offer them elsewhere first. 

Thanks

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.