Covid booster for 50-65 age group

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍 7

Tue 15 Nov 2022, 12:05

Great thanks to the CMC and all the vaccine volunteers. I had a very fast efficient and professional experience when I attended.  

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Mon 7 Nov 2022, 09:50

It’s far better to have completed your form before you arrive, by downloading it or collecting one from the CMC, rather than trying to balance a clipboard on your knee in the wind and rain to complete it before you go in. 

PLEASE try to do this first and bring a mask .

It’s unlikely that there will be spare vaccine available for people in the eligible age range who are not patients registered at the CMC.  However it is just possible that there will be a few doses left at the end of the session so perhaps worth a try. 

Further information will be posted on News.

michele marietta
👍

Sun 6 Nov 2022, 15:57

Probably a dumb question: do you need to be a CMC-registered patient to get your booster there? Asking for a friend.

Chris Wastie
👍

Sun 6 Nov 2022, 15:29

they give you the form on your arrival on a clip board & pen   name & address /Date of birth etc etc......Chris wastie

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 1

Sun 6 Nov 2022, 14:02 (last edited on Mon 7 Nov 2022, 09:52)

Go to https://www.thecharlburymedicalcentre.nhs.uk/downloads/charlbury/Covid_Flu_Vaccination_Form.docx

Nick Millea
👍

Sun 6 Nov 2022, 13:57

I phoned the Medical Centre to book an appointment for this Thursday's Covid Booster session. I note we need to complete "a form" in advance. Can anyone enlighten me as to where I might find this form? Thanks.

Adrian Hunter
👍 1

Thu 27 Oct 2022, 10:45

Many thanks, Nikki, for your clarification and updates; much appreciated.

Hannen Beith
👍 7

Wed 26 Oct 2022, 19:47 (last edited on Wed 26 Oct 2022, 19:51)

Agree.

We are so lucky here.  The logistics involved in vaccinating those who want them (and the associated admin) is no slight matter. So hats off to all the staff at CMC.

Helen Josephine Wright
👍 5

Wed 26 Oct 2022, 19:15

We are so lucky here in Charlbury that our medical centre undertakes Covid booster & flu clinics. Planning is time consuming & being a small surgery CMC have to wait for the NHS to provide delivery confirmation.  As soon as confirmation received the date is advertised & CMC contact eligible patients.  It certainly saves Charlbury residents having to travel.

Nikki Rycroft
👍 8

Wed 26 Oct 2022, 13:21

Gareth, I’m sorry you found it necessary to phone the Practice to check on what we were asked to post. There must have been a misunderstanding . 

It is essential to book your appointment when you receive a text to tell you you are eligible. As soon as the Practice know the vaccine will be available and delivered, the texts are sent out. We have checked with the Practice and they have confirmed, as we who help to run the clinics know, that it would be chaos if people just started turning up at any time in the hope of getting their vaccines. If, however,  it appears there is going to be vaccine left over,  patients are contacted if they haven’t booked, and told to go to the Sports Centre. 

Just to emphasise, we try to inform people of the dates of the clinics as soon as we know vaccine will be delivered, so you have as much warning as possible.

The date of the 10 th November has been confirmed. Please complete the form and bring a mask.  Thank you 

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Thu 20 Oct 2022, 16:12

I rang the surgery who said you did not need to wait to receive a text if you were within the age range.

Nikki Rycroft
👍 7

Wed 19 Oct 2022, 11:01

Hi All

I was told, only yesterday while I was marshalling at the Covid/Flu clinic, that the next session to be offered would be for the 50-64 age group on Thursday 10 th November.

Please try to understand that the roll out of the clinics is entirely dependent on the availability of vaccine to the Practice, so this is why we tell you as soon as we know. 

You should receive a text from the CMC if you are eligible. Please also download the consent form and fill it in before coming for your vaccination and bring a mask. 

More information will be posted as soon as the date is finally confirmed. 

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2022, 09:37 (last edited on Wed 19 Oct 2022, 09:43)

I got a text message today possibly from the NHS about the COVID over 50 booster today. I tried this link

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

So there are some places about 30 miles away

Gareth Epps
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 22:26

It would be nice at least to have a date, indeed.

Adrian Hunter
👍 1

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 22:05

Same here Gareth. Do we know when the next clinic is - and do we still just wait until we are contacted (or not?)...

Gareth Epps
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 19:22

How will they be communicating with the rest of us?

I asked on here last week: heard nothing, and wasn’t notified about today either.

Andrew Chapman
👍 2

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 17:47

Well done, fellow jabees - and thank you, CMC!

Ali Ross
👍 3

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 15:12

Thanks for your note, Matthew. We called, and were invited straight up. Now fully jabbed. 

Matthew Greenfield
👍 1

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 10:04 (last edited on Tue 18 Oct 2022, 10:33)

Oh. I am in the 50+ group but have not received a message. Maybe they are working alphabetically and haven't got to "G" yet?

Update: the CMC did not have my mobile but have now managed to get an appointment. Thanks for letting me know Andrew!

Andrew Chapman
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 09:11

Yes it’s today, Matthew.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 08:41

Were you given a date for your booster Andrew?

Andrew Chapman
👍 1

Tue 18 Oct 2022, 07:30

I got a text message yesterday for a booster today, so 50+ presumably now rolling out.

Alex Michaels
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2022, 23:32

Is there any news on when the 50-65 age group will be able to get their covid top-up jab in Charlbury? Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.