O2 reception near Ditchley Road

russell robson
👍

Mon 15 Jun 2009, 20:01

I have an iphone the only place in Charlbury that I have had a poor signal is in the Corner House. You can also use skype over wifi if there is no phone signal.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 15 Jun 2009, 20:00

The newer iPhones are said to have better reception than the original ones, not least because of replacing the metal back with a plastic one, and I expect the newest (3G S) will be better still.

Nicola Baker
👍

Mon 15 Jun 2009, 19:22

Just to confuse you (sorry) my friend has an iphone on 02 and I have a pda on 02. he lives in a remote village in gloucestershire and struggles to get a signal in his house yet i have no problem when I visit, so I think the iphone doesnt get as good a signal as a normal phone! plus my XDA does everything the iphone does and more as I can have sat nav such as tom tom on it!
feel free to contact me if you want more info

Simon Tibbitts
👍

Mon 15 Jun 2009, 10:49

Hi Ian.

Thanks for message. The coverage map does show a good signal but I am reluctant to believe it if people have said they get no signal at all. If anyone around The Green area can just say yes they get a signal on o2 that would put my mind at rest before transferring my number.

Thanks
Simon

Ian Taylor
👍

Mon 15 Jun 2009, 10:32

The O2 coverage map says you'll get a reasonable signal: www.webmap.o2.co.uk/map.asp

Simon Tibbitts
👍

Sat 13 Jun 2009, 16:55

Hello everyone.

I'm very interested in one of those new iPhones, I notice in an old forum post that o2 seems to get good general reception around here but one post said that someone up by Ditchley road doesn't get an o2 signal at all! I live on The Green off Ditchley road, does anyone up my neck of the woods get a good o2 reception?

Many thanks for your time.
Simon

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.