Refurb of Raymond Weil watch

Simon Fenn
👍

Wed 5 Oct 2022, 15:45

Not local obviously but has worked well for me.

https://genesiswatchmaking.co.uk

Wendy Bailey
👍

Tue 4 Oct 2022, 11:57

Steve Fletcher in Witney is the guy that is on the Repair Shop on TV, he can work on anything mechanical, an expert in his work, and a very entertaining program. I learnt about the program from a couple in Charlbury who featured on it a few years ago. 

Charlie M
👍

Tue 4 Oct 2022, 11:45

Always!

And also digital displays have no "romance" to them, and in my view never will!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Tue 4 Oct 2022, 11:03

Veronica - just want to make sure - does this chap service fully *mechanical* watches' movements? 

I've an old fully mechanical watch with a 1st rate Swiss movement in it that they put in a plain armoured case for people working in tough physical environments like gas pipelines and heavy construction which once did before university after a couple of years off. Doesn't look fancy, really unfussy plain, but excellent timekeeper. 

My cheapo Casio is failing slowly, I'd like to see if having this simple-cased Majex watch motion would do me as never use the timers etc on the cheapo Casio digital being much easier to set up on the iPhone. 

Anyone else prefer, in the end, analogue watch faces for simply telling the time at a glance?

Veronica Stallwood
👍 2

Sat 1 Oct 2022, 14:02

Here's another vote for Steve in Witney. He treated an old watch of mine, which has nothing but sentimental value, with great care.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 1 Oct 2022, 13:38

Thank you Sarah.

Sarah Goad
👍 3

Sat 1 Oct 2022, 12:09

You could try Steve in Witney? He was great with sorting an old watch for me: http://www.clockworkshop.co.uk/

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 1 Oct 2022, 12:01

The battery died and I didn't replace it for a couple of years.

Now the nice man at Timpsons says it has corroded and gummed up the works and is beyond repair.

Does anyone know of a local person who might be able to clean it up and put a new battery in?  It seems a shame to throw it away.

Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.