Street Fair - THANK YOU

John Dora
👍 1

Mon 19 Sep 2022, 18:04

Street Fair now on Witney TV here:  http://www.witneytv.co.uk/video/charlbury-street-fair-2022/

John Dora
👍 10

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 19:08

Early indications show that over the year we have raised nearly £10,000 and about ⅔ of that was raised yesterday and in recent weeks from the raffle.

Truly astounding and likely a record for recent years!

John

Liz Reason
👍 1

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 18:49

Sounds great!  I'm very sorry to have missed it.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 2

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 16:54

Let’s hope it was a bumper year - I have never seen the street so busy with many people around still at 5pm.  Well done to all - and more helpers please next year!

Anna Cherry
👍 6

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 16:42

A massive "thank you" to all the cake-bakers and helpers in the Memorial Hall yesterday afternoon. We raised an incredible £745 due to the generosity of Street Fair visitors, numerous cake donators, the local Co-op and the 25 people [including three of our Ukrainian guests!] who gave their precious time to make the event such a success.

Anna Cherry

Street Fair Refreshments Organiser

Steve Jones
👍 4

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 16:18

Many thanks from me as well to everybody that worked so hard. On the music, the we have Dave Oates to thank for sorting out all the bands. I think we had five on the two minor stages (which we introduced last year) and three more on the main stage in addition to sea shanties, bell ringing and the school choir.

The indications are that we've had a very good year.

Elisabeth Partington
👍 1

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 13:51

Yes, big thanks from me too! As well as raising funds for the Corner House and Memorial Hall, the Street Fair is a celebration of the life of our town and I have been surprised  in chatting to people to discover how many people travel to be there!

Charlie M
👍 1

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 10:55 (last edited on Sun 18 Sep 2022, 11:00)

The prize for "Band of the Day" has to go to Merlins Quest, who played in the Corner House garden at 4pm. Absolutely superb! Thank you! And to the lady who allowed me to look at her twin-necked ukelele (I don't know your name, so I shall have to refer to you as "Jemima Page"!), thank you!

I gather that Merlins Quest are playing Chadlington BeerFest at 4pm next Saturday; I shall be there to see them if I can! 

Jan Going
👍 3

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 10:35 (last edited on Sun 18 Sep 2022, 10:36)

We came to Charlbury yesterday for the Street Fair.   I am new to the area so it was a pleasure to visit such a charming, small event.  Food, face painting, sunshine,  ice-cream and lots of entertainment! 

John Dora
👍 17

Sun 18 Sep 2022, 08:59

Just a short note to say a big THANK YOU to all who helped arrange yesterday’s Street Fair, and for everyone who came along in support. 
We had some fine weather and a busy day, all to raise funds for the Corner House and Memorial Hall.

John Dora

Chair of the Street Fair Committee 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.