Young injured pigeon

Veronica Stallwood
👍

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 09:15

Thank you, Emily. I'll keep a note of their details for future use, and if I find him this morning—he'll be under someone's hedge, I imagine—I'll get in touch.

Emily Algar
👍

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 09:10

Veronica, if you ring Oxfordshire Wildlife Rescue they can offer advice and may come to collect the poor bird. 

Veronica Stallwood
👍

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 21:45

Thank you, Colin. Yes, your link was of help but this young one didn't like me coming too close, and hobbled away to the next clump of cover. I left water and seeds close by and let him rest in peace. He moved quite a way and later I think his parents were looking for him.

If he's still there tomorrow, and still in need of help, I'll try again but he may be too badly injured to survive, I fear.

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍 1

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 18:25

I found this which may help voice.gardenbird.co.uk/how-to-help-an-injured-pigeon/

Veronica Stallwood
👍

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 17:39

This young bird was attacked first by other pigeons this morning and then by magpies, I've been told.I found him crouching behind a bush by my bungalow. He has an injured leg and wing as far as I can tell but can still move to different patches of cover by himself. I've left birdseed and water close by.

Does anyone have up-to-date information about help for an injured bird? I found useful names and phone numbers in previous posts but they dated back to 2008.

I no longer have a car so I can't take him to a rescue centre.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.