Coming to Charlbury Market This Saturday 17th September

Chloe Horner
👍

Tue 20 Sep 2022, 12:39

Hi Malcolm

This market was conceived by the councils 'Food' focus group.  We had a hunch that Charlbury might be able to sustain a regular produce market.  This initial 5 week period is a test to see if that could be the case (all feedback regarding the market, what it sells, its location etc. is very welcome).  I am facilitating the five weeks worth of markets, liaising with the community centre and stall holders.  The main council contact for this is Dan Raymond-Barker, so he would be a good port of call in the first instance.

I hope that helps!  Chloe

Chloe Horner
👍 1

Tue 20 Sep 2022, 12:33

A big thanks to everyone who came on Saturday - it was lovely to see so many of you.  It was a great first outing with a couple of stalls selling out.

I'll confirm the stalls for this Saturday and hopefully get all the information up tomorrow.

Chloe

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 3

Mon 19 Sep 2022, 18:10 (last edited on Mon 19 Sep 2022, 18:11)

Chloe - are there any, even tentative, plans to have "regularly irregular " traditional market in the Town? Occasional maybe but a regular date pattern - or something ...

I'm meditating upon if we could traffic-calm Church Street and the x-roads for regular market so cars have to go past a mere walking speed as in some villages in Holland and Germany. Making it safe for people and kids to hang about. Roll on non-polluting electric cars (apart from tyre dust and brake-pad dust...) and no stink.

Maybe we could rebuild the old Market shelter as in the town logo's and school symbol...

Ah, Dreams are the stuff our futures are made of, don't forget.

Chloe Horner
👍 3

Sat 17 Sep 2022, 07:02

Just a quick reminder to you all that this is staring this morning!  If you're free please come to the Community Centre and say hello.  Myself and Dan Raymond-Barker from Charlbury Town Council will be around if you have any feedback or would like to know more.

I'll also be bringing curries for those who don't fancy cooking after a fun day at Street Fair later.

Look forward to seeing you!

Chloe

Chloe Horner
👍 1

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:45

Just to confirm that there will definitely be Bruern meat and flour available on Saturday.

People are also welcome to drop off last minute bottles for the tombola.

Many thanks!

Chloe

Paul D Jackson
👍

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 09:13

Hi

Is there any way you could receive last minute bottles for the Street Fair Tombola I am organising?  If so I could put on the forum which would give us both some PR?

Paul

Hans Eriksson
👍 3

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 18:28

Best of luck. It is such a pleasure visiting France and seeing weekly markets in villages much smaller than Charlbury. The French markets often have fabrics, clothing, brocante and much more as I am sure you know. It would be great if this works out. 

Chloe Horner
👍 10

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 14:24

Hi All

Thanks to everyone who had given me such positive feedback about facilitating a regular market.  Here's who we have in the line-up for this weekend so far:

Forge House Bakery

Lovely sourdough bread and hand-made pastries made with well-sourced flour (some local, some organic).  Sue will be bringing a few different sorts of bread, apple and cinnamon buns, croissants and pastries. To avoid missing out there is a pre-order for bread here: https://forgehousebakery.com/collections/browns-pop-up-farm-shop-saturday-4th-february

Ogglio Olive Oil

Beautiful Sicilian olive oil imported directly to Oxford.

Roo's Kitchen

Lovely brownies, cakes and bakes baked by Rachel in Witney

Styan Produce

Along with the usual box scheme (order by Thursday for collection on Saturday) Christine will also have additional Styan produce for you to buy.  This is a fantastic family growing business based in Evesham.  A proportion of profits will be donated to Charlbury's Cornerstone.

Oxfork/Church Lane Produce

I'll be at the market on Saturday selling beautiful eggs and vegetables from Church Lane Produce in Spelsbury.  I'll also have a selection of Oxfork bits including Pickled Spelsbury Chilli's, Crawborough Chutney and selection of dips and bits to re-heat at home - made with Church Lane veg and mostly organic ingredients.  I am also hoping that I'll have some flour, sunflower oil and meat from Bruern too.  Cinnamon Buns will be back next week (24th).

Honey

Oxfordshire Honey from hives here in Charlbury from bees kept by Paul and Claire Whitaker

Wilder Flower Farm

Helen will be bringing a selection of beautiful, seasonal blooms grown near Stow.

Look forward to seeing you this Saturday (17th), between 9.30-12.30 at The Community Centre.

Chloe

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.