Freeview lite transmitter down again?

Katie Ewer
👍

Wed 7 Sep 2022, 13:21

Thanks everyone. I think we are tuned to the wrong transmitter as we get the wrong BBC local news. If I was tuned to Walcot should I get BBC South Today? 

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 18:47

I just re-tuned my HDHomeRun tuner ( pointed to Oxford ) and got 162 channels so that transmitter is OK, not that there is much worth watching.  

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 16:54

I don't get my channels from Walcott, but reception has been very limited in the wake of yesterday's storm. Main Channels through the aerial back now. 

Sandy Fairhurst
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 16:24

Am tuned into Walcott ( freeview lite indeed) Just checked and it’s on air now.

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 15:47 (last edited on Tue 6 Sep 2022, 19:50)

It depends where in Charlbury you are and to which transmitter your arial is aligned to. There are two Oxford and Walcott.  Only Oxford has the full suite of channels. 

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 15:40

I'm new to freeview in a new house. Alex- is there another transmitter that I should retune to as I only get about 20 channels at the moment. Just wondering if there are more.

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 15:07 (last edited on Tue 6 Sep 2022, 22:01)

The Walcott transmitter/repeater is what I refer to as Freeview lite. Just the basic free to air channels 

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 13:43

I don't use freeview lite, but I have very few channels on my TV through my aerial right now: Channel 7 is the first one that comes up. No BBC and no ITV or Channel 4 or 5.

I do have access to freeview digital channels via my broadband today -- unlike last night when I had no broadband and no wifi for many hours after the storm.

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 12:51

Taken down  by the storm I imagine. Can anyone else confirm. At least we have Wi-Fi so there are plenty of alternatives 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.