Charlbury House - replacement dwelling planning application

Rod Evans
👍 1

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 22:44

The short answer - Sue - is no.  I could give you the long one but it's 10.45 and the cricket highlights are coming up!

Katie Ewer
👍 1

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 12:23

https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/23638501.jcb-family-plan-demolish-charlbury-house-mansion/

Sue Normand
👍 2

Wed 7 Sep 2022, 18:08

Is there a change of use of the land here - less land creating food?

James Norris
👍

Wed 7 Sep 2022, 06:57 (last edited on Wed 7 Sep 2022, 09:52)

Can’t believe they’re putting in such a tiny gym, hardly seems worth it. I thought the general rule was 1.5x the footprint of the his and hers dressing rooms?

Chris, given they’re building stables for the riding school, I’d certainly expect more traffic.

Sue Normand
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 22:03

Woodstock Road seems to have moved on the location plan!  I understand when the current house was built the old 19th century one 

was supposed to come down... now incorporated in plan.

Chris Arnold
👍 4

Mon 5 Sep 2022, 17:30

I live on Stonesfield Lane, it is an existing entrance, in terms of currently being a gate to a field and the proposal states  'Historic 'ride' reinstated as access track from west'. Given it leads to the stables/riding arena I expect we can expect a few more horses and perhaps the odd horsebox. But would be good to get confirmation it is not going to become a significant route for traffic.

Peter Bennett
👍 4

Mon 5 Sep 2022, 11:36

Even if the house is technically not in the parish, the plans show a new entrance is going to be created onto Stonesfield Lane. That will undoubtedly have an impact on residents of that currently very quiet lane.

Hans Eriksson
👍 4

Mon 5 Sep 2022, 09:18

Look at the Design and Access statement the one at the top to get an idea. I think it looks like a very handsome house! 

Gareth Epps
👍

Mon 5 Sep 2022, 08:32

It's technically not in the parish, but it certainly needs consideration, not least due to what is going to be significant excavation and associated traffic for constructing a large basement.

The plans are not exactly user-friendly when it comes to understanding the location of the various proposed buildings including the 'arena'.

Helen Wilkinson
👍 1

Mon 5 Sep 2022, 07:53 (last edited on Mon 5 Sep 2022, 07:57)

Wow! I clicked on the planning link to this mornings news item.

It would appear that a member of the Bamford family is planning a mansion on the site. It would take years to build in its proposed form - its flippin’ huge! ( it was previously known as Bevis/Beevis Farm)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.