Enstone Crossroad Road Markings and Kerbstones

Gareth Epps
👍 5

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 12:11

Harriet - I’m sure you know that there are different types of restriction and exemption.  Or are you suggesting the damage regularly caused by HGVs is acceptable?

Harriet Baldwin
👍 1

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 09:10

Gareth it's not just HGVs, this is a rural community you have tractors and trailers. Are you suggesting for example Ditchley aren't allowed to transport their animals to their field on Hundley Way via that crossroads because it's too narrow?

Gareth Epps
👍 3

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 08:10

The left turn by the toll house is too narrow for articulated HGVs but OCC is unlikely to allow a total ban, which is the only real answer.  Bollards will simply get taken out too (as, unfortunately, will walls).

With the Government reducing HGV driving standards, the situation is sadly unlikely to get better any time soon.

Harriet Baldwin
👍 1

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 12:51

TBH I think that'll get worse as it's made narrower as there's less space available for turning especially for a large vehicle like those horse boxes going to the horse trials

Damian Gannon
👍 2

Tue 13 Sep 2022, 12:33

Vehicles continue to mount the pavement and dislodge the kerb stones. Perhaps bollards would be effective?

Miranda Higham
👍 1

Fri 2 Sep 2022, 19:38

Thank you for your answers everyone.

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Fri 2 Sep 2022, 18:53

There are also dislodged kerbstones and a badly damaged pavement surface on The Slade, town side, just at the point where pedestrians cross the road to access the bus stop or to walk into town. It's extremely dangerous for pedestrians at present, especially at night.

Liz told me that she was waiting for a date for the extra work on the crossroads to be completed, but assured me that she would ask for the repairs to the pavement and kerbstones to be fixed before then if it seemed likely that there would be a long wait. 

I do hope that happens, and we are not left waiting much longer for the trip hazards to be fixed.

Jim Holah
👍 3

Fri 2 Sep 2022, 18:33

I understand that the pavement on that side of the road is to be realigned ( as previously marked out) so I presume the dislodged stones will be resolved as part of that work.  There is still the traffic build out to be installed too.

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Fri 2 Sep 2022, 18:14

No, it isn't.  I've reported the dislodged kerbstones, and there is painting and other work to be done.

Miranda Higham
👍

Fri 2 Sep 2022, 17:14

Does anyone know if the work on Enstone Road crossroad is completed?

Only the road surface stop triangle and dashed stop lines at The Slade junction are only the temporary ones and are fading fast.

The equivalent road markings opposite on Nine Acres have been done in the durable paint.

Also, a cluster of kerbstones approaching Hundley Way have been dislodged, and in low light, could easily be a trip hazard to pedestrians. Other single kerbstones have been dislodged too during the work.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.