Overflowing bins on Nine Acres cleared this morning

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 3

Tue 30 Aug 2022, 16:29

I think Liz's praise of an operative for going above and beyond to clear up from our Town contractor should be appreciated more by people. Cleaners are too often unsung and only noticed when a job standard falls down. Maybe we should have "Invisible Infrastructure of the Year Worker at the Street Fair to commemorate the people who keep it all ticking over.

Jim Holah
👍 4

Mon 29 Aug 2022, 18:51

I doubt if any birds were drinking the beer from the bottles I cleared away on Sunday & they must be very clever to dump everything around the picnic tables.......thanks Liz, perhaps larger capacity  bins ( like on the Mill Field) could be installed??

Simon J Harley
👍

Mon 29 Aug 2022, 18:18

I never understand why the bin outside the Londis shop is very often overflowing but the bin approximately 30m away just past the takeaway is empty.  Surely you would be willing to walk that short distance to avoid leaving a mess on the floor?

Graham Wisker
👍 1

Mon 29 Aug 2022, 13:53

I know it can be an absolute eyesore,  but on my travels around the UK, its not always the public who make the mess, I have seen seagulls,crows foxes etc rummaging through bins to get to food items within. 

Liz Reason
👍 6

Mon 29 Aug 2022, 11:19

Thank you to Chris from Ubico (WODC) for emptying the bins on Nine Acres and going beyond the call of duty by clearing up around bins and tables. 

It would be more effective and cheaper if everyone would please take their rubbish home with them.

Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.