Classic Cars and Street Fair

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 16 Aug 2022, 19:03 (last edited on Tue 16 Aug 2022, 19:05)

Why don't we ask someone from the "Mock Spitfire" 5/6 scale reproduction people making them up at Enstone Airfield if they could do a flypast too? I'd be fascinated to compare the two! Just a whimsical thought. I'm sure I saw one last year because when it flew over in the winter it really did not sound right!

Oh, try and make sure it's an elliptical wing'd Spit. The "clipped'n'cropped" just don't look the same or have quite the same distinctive whistle of the full supercharged "blowers". Or am I just being nit-picky?

How low are they allowed to overfly the built-up area?

Suzanne Chavda
👍

Tue 16 Aug 2022, 14:14

Great news about Spitfire fly-past .  Do you have approximate time for this ?

John Dora
👍 3

Thu 4 Aug 2022, 18:27

Charlbury Street Fair again, like in 2021, is All Systems Go for 17th September!

This year I am inviting owners of classic vehicles (they don't have to be cars!) to bring them to the Charlbury Medical Centre car park (to be confirmed).  Please do pass on this invitation to friends and acquaintances with suitable vehicles. If the latter please ask them to get in touch!

We aim to assemble in the car park by 1.30pm on the Saturday until the end of the day - 5pm or so.

STOP PRESS: We have just today been able to confirm a Spitfire fly-past on the day…!!

Looking forward to this!

John

Prof. John Dora

Chair, Charlbury Street Fair Committee

csfchairman@charlburystreetfair.org

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.