Charlbury Riverside Festival 2022

Chris Gowing
👍 1

Mon 1 Aug 2022, 20:08

It was a terrific event - thank you to all the organisers! So much work - but so appreciated.

Helen Price
👍 1

Mon 1 Aug 2022, 18:25

Hi Gareth, thank you for your kind words. You can speak to andy pickard about a donation, you know where to find him! 
Charlie thanks for your kind words. I’ll pass them on

Gareth Epps
👍 4

Mon 1 Aug 2022, 17:44

It was absolutely wonderful. Lots of hard work goes into it. I can only echo the kind words of others with regard to Gary. I missed out on paying for a programme, because they'd all been sold by Saturday teatime. Is there somewhere I can make a donation instead?
christopher edeson
👍 1

Mon 1 Aug 2022, 14:19

We went on Saturday for a few hours, it was superb to be back, we are really lucky to have this for free here in charlbury, already looking forward to next year, thanks to all the organisers and volunteers

Terry Walker
👍 15

Mon 1 Aug 2022, 12:14

Charlie, Thank you for your kind words about Gary our son, all our family were at the Riverside Festival which was a memorable occasion. The wonderful tribute from Andy Pickard was so moving for us but so fitting.

Gary along with Andy and others always put many months of planning and dedication into making the Festival the brilliant success that it is today. We thank Riverside committee from our hearts for the amazing recognition of Gary's commitment over the past 25 years, he was always totally devoted and reliable to the Festival always looking for new ideas to improve the occasion. We miss him everyday, his happiness was infectious with everyone who new him, our family are devastated at the loss of Gary but we are proud that our son spread so much happiness. God bless Gary.

Thank you Riverside, Charlbury should be immensely proud of this wonderful achievement.

Terry   

Charlie M
👍 21

Mon 1 Aug 2022, 10:53 (last edited on Mon 1 Aug 2022, 10:56)

I want to say a massive Thank You to Andy Pickard, Fergus McVey, Helen Price and all of the others who restored to us the wonderful institution that is Charlbury Riverside Festival.

I also want to thank two others in particular, Ian Macfie and Tommy Longfellow, who were kind enough to transport me between home and the festival because of my immobility due to recovering from a broken hip.

A stellar selection of music was presented, ranging from the wonderful jazz-and-Middle-Eastern *joy* of The Brickwork Lizards, through the near-punk mayhem of The Mighty Redox (always fun, and a Riverside institution!), to the rich sophistication of The August List ... and many others that I sadly missed, due to my stamina not yet being capable of the full day!

I think it is remarkable that bands of this calibre are willing to play for free at what is undoubtedly the best free festival of this modern age; I am sure that I speak for many when I say that you are loved and respected for that as much as the organisers themselves.

The festival itself was - I think - a fitting tribute to Gary Walker, one of the festival's founding fathers, who sadly we lost earlier this year. The sound of all those people clapping and cheering him will remain with me a long time. Thank you, Gary.

Thank you one and all for a *fabulous* festival! See you next year! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.