Temporary closure of Charlbury Station Summer 2023

Matt Bullock
👍 1

Mon 1 Aug 2022, 09:40

I work near Oxford Station and the latest info from Network Rail we have is that weekends from 13 August will see disruption as there are works to the north of Oxford station. Night works 13/20/27 Aug and 3 Sep weekends, which may see some late night/early morning trains replaced with buses, and then the station at Oxford will be completely closed on weekends of 10, 17, 24 September and 1 October (midnight Friday to 4.45am Monday) with trains terminating probably at Didcot and Hanborough with buses linking these with Oxford.

The timing of the longer term rebuilding of the Botley Road bridge is still not confirmed.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 3

Sun 31 Jul 2022, 19:22

The “three months” was just guesswork on the part of the Oxford Mail, I think, and they have an accuracy record slightly less than Mystic Meg.

Probably best to wait until Network Rail or GWR announce anything – it might be possible for the Marylebone part of the station to stay open, perhaps?

Phil Roberts
👍

Sun 31 Jul 2022, 17:36

I've been trying to make sense of the announcement that the bridge south of Oxford Station is being replaced next summer and that Oxford Station will be closed for an unspecified 3 month period. Presumably all westbound trains will terminate at Morton or Charlbury and some lengthy bus replacement service will link to Didcot? I've looked on the GWR site without success. Anyone got any reliable information?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.