Found dog on The Slade

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 3

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 19:46

Dog has been reunited with very grateful owner. Thank you Lynn!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 19:33 (last edited on Thu 28 Jul 2022, 19:36)

Can you describe him/her? Us habitual mutt walkers might recognise it.

Just a word- when we became dog keepers 7 years ago we were advised to have a tag on the collar with a telephone number (nowadays a mobile number makes sense because they are almost ubiquitous and anyway the owners are likely to be in the field looking for said lost dog so not at home) and the house address.

Twice one of our dogs- when young perhaps they get better behaved as get older- ran off. On one occasion the big Goldendoodle was walked home to our front door having been found at the top end of The Green, and with the young Coackapoo she was found after dark on the road to Woodstock! Fortunately we had fitted flashing lights to her and the car driver saw her in time and kindly dropped her back for us to meet at Londis on Fiveways.

And I want to repeat my thanks to all the people who came out to search for her after dark when she ran away in Centennial Wood last midwinter, after an appeal for help to the website! It was brilliant but she had so totally lost her bearings she was well on the way out of town to Woodstock. Try to avoid walking her to close to dark in winter now, too many wild animals to sniff and chase after in a frenzy of excitement. Apparently females are the worst for having a hunter instinct. True or not? But quite unlike our indolent knobbled male Goldendoodle.

Lynn Gorton
👍

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 18:53

I have a lost dog. Call me 07790298044

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.