Crass stupidity parking: big skip's placement Ditchley Rd!!

glena chadwick
👍

Sat 30 Jul 2022, 12:28

Yesterday for the first time I encountered the man in daylight hours. He said he lived in Brown's Lane and what he was doing was not illegal and so there---basically. I suggested it might be because of being opposite the entrance to Wychwood Paddocks and he said he parked there because then the buses could get round him more easily !! Which actually ignores the fact that when he was outside no.6 that was irrelevant. Thanks for those who made helpful suggestions.

Claire Wilding
👍 18

Fri 29 Jul 2022, 22:24

And the typo of the year award goes to ... John Werner. 

John Werner
👍 3

Fri 29 Jul 2022, 22:04

I think that big skip is just a little price we must pay for our better and safer future…colorectal damage😆

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 29 Jul 2022, 14:59

You can check the registration on the DVLA website, and if the vehicle isn't taxed then WODC can remove it.

Anthony Horn
👍

Fri 29 Jul 2022, 14:54

Glenna, I have lodged a report for this on Fix My Street. CCC claims it’s not their problem and needs to be passed to TVP, this happened on a previous occasion. Parking there is not illegal but can be classed as dangerous parking as it is within 10 mts of a junction. It’s now down to TVP to do something about it.

glena chadwick
👍

Fri 29 Jul 2022, 12:58

Andrew---the parking on Enstone Road is not helped by the large white sleeper van outside no.7. It has been there for over a week and has had periods of over a month outside my neighbours. It is not actually illegal (I think ?) though his present position might be as it is directly opposite the turning into Wychwood Paddocks. His identity is not known. I assume he arrives and leaves at dead of night.

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 17:08

The person with oversight of the Enstone crossroads works is Allan Sibley: 0345-310-1111; email allan.sibley@milestoneinfra.co.uk

Andrew Greenfield
👍 1

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 16:02

The large skip was still there this early afternoon (12:45) and I can certainly see how it is a big problem made even worse at the moment by the complete chaos caused by the four way traffic light system at the Enstone crossroads.

There is also so much parking up the NW side of Enstone Road that I would advise all to avoid it at present as it took several minutes at lunchtime to go from the Community Centre to the crossroads.

Not fun!

sharon harris
👍 2

Thu 28 Jul 2022, 10:22

I spoke to the supervisor yesterday about the skip and lorry parked their and the dangers and problems it can and will cause.They told me it will be ok because it will be moved at the end of the day for wilderness. I see its still there. 

Amanda Epps
👍 3

Wed 27 Jul 2022, 22:45

Malcolm, I totally agree with you that the skip is in a hazardous position.  I too have been placed in a dangerous position as a result.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 2

Wed 27 Jul 2022, 19:30

Wow that was quick! I had surmised it - the skip, dumper etc - was installed for convenient proximity to the roadworks... but it shouldn't be placed there! We weren't far from the other car coming down past the line of parked cars up Ditchley road. Someone drives too fast without due care; kid runs out from behind obscuration; jam forms etc.

It really does need moving soonest.

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 27 Jul 2022, 19:20

I think it is associated with the work at the crossroads and therefore will be moved in due course.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 5

Wed 27 Jul 2022, 19:18

Some moron - and the term is used with deliberate perjorim in mind - has placed a massive (12 yard?) skip withing about 6 feet or less of The Slade/Ditchley Road junction.

TOTALLY obscures view entering into Ditchley Road and too close to the junction for us to do anything but reverse out and back into The Slade to let the car through, coming the other way, not spotted until right around the corner.

If someone in The Slade had been closely following us up from Enstone x-roads in a line of vehicles then we would have been in taffic gridlock without being able to therefore back out ONTO THE MAIN ROAD (and that's never a good safety idea ever).

Can one of our ever suffering Councillors get onto this traffic danger and get the skip and dumper moved to a legal and simply sensible distance from the junction!? I'm sure the siting must be in breach of law/regulations!

Why is "simple common sense" so often simply absent??!!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.