Enstone crossroads

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Sun 24 Jul 2022, 09:28

Thank you Christine, we'll have to see about finding my mother somewhere to stay and sometime to stay with her because her dementia means she won't be able to cope with the night work. It'd have nice to have had more notice of this. 

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 24 Jul 2022, 09:18

The times of the temporary traffic lights are 7.30 - 16.30, on The Slade, Banbury Hill, 9 Acres, Enstone Rd (4 sets, multiway). This is from 27th July - 3rd August and 8th August - 16th August, but the work may overrun if the work is delayed. 

Then Wed. 17th August - Fri. 19th August full road closure from 19.00 - 06.00 for road surfacing. Might be later dates if the 1st stage of work has overrun. There will be a signed diversion route during the closed period. 

The Slade will be reopened to traffic when safe to do so when outside these times. Very noisy operations will cease before 11 p.m.

I hope the organisers of the Riverside Festival know about this. With no trains on Sat. 30 July (rail drivers' strike), Charlbury roads might be expected to be particularly busy that day. There's another rail strike on Wed. 27 July, so that might also be a busy day on the roads.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Sun 24 Jul 2022, 09:17

When is it actually stopping? I've already seen lorries coming up there with fencing panels on, so as James says more sense to start after the festival. My daughter has university resits 3 and 4 August so we need to find her a quiet room with wifi elsewhere in Charlbury if the work will be done those two days.

James Norris
👍 5

Sat 23 Jul 2022, 15:51

Would make sense to wait a week and start after Wilderness, rather than start work, leave it as a pain for all(both residents and festival attendees), then restarting.

Jim Holah
👍 9

Fri 22 Jul 2022, 22:07

Liz, that is great news about improvements to the crossroads, this along with the Banbury Hill build-out should make this part of the road system safer for pedestrians while slowing traffic and reducing environmental impacts in terms of noise & pollution.  It's, at last, a pleasure to have a council that's more responsive to the needs of residents.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.