Recommended Driving Instructor

Katie Banks
👍

Sat 16 Jul 2022, 19:22

Valerie and Martin - thank you so much for the advice and contact, really appreciated

Valerie Stewart
👍 1

Sat 16 Jul 2022, 18:42

May I share a story? of one of the best teachers I've ever met?  I learned to drive quite late compared with some, and I got lucky accidentally because I didn't choose one of those large firms where you may get someone different each time and they operate from a check-list.  Roger took me out one evening when I'd had about five lessons and he must have decided that I wasn't likely to kill anyone.  So instead of declaring an objective for the lesson, he directed me to a local beauty spot, pretty much deserted on weekday afternoons, and without further directions just encouraged me to drive.  And I found I was enjoying it.

'Roger,' I said, 'you old son-of-a-bachelor, you've given me a taste of what competence is going to feel like,' and he grinned.  It's one of the best examples of good teaching I've ever experienced. 

(His name was Roger Blake, and he lives in Surrey, so you'll not find him here.  But maybe there's an idea of what to look for ...)

Martin prew
👍 1

Sat 16 Jul 2022, 18:34

DG Driving (Dan Godden) 07545890955  Recently used by my daughter who suffers from high anxiety and she passed first time. Would highly recommend.

Katie Banks
👍

Sat 16 Jul 2022, 15:55

Hi, can anyone recommend a good local driving instructor?  thanks, Kate

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.