Removing a CD jammed in its player - help please.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 14 Jul 2022, 12:09 (last edited on Thu 14 Jul 2022, 12:12)

The ejection hole and a straightened paper clip really is the easiest option. Try and picture what you are doing inside.

There is a small peg the end of which you are trying to push with the end of the paperclip probe’s end-one needs to fiddle about a few times…

Long post - click to read full text

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2022, 18:21

I don't know if this helps, but a CD got stuck in Floss' car, and I followed some advice from t'Internet.  Simply place some double-sided sellotape on a palette knife, slide it into the player and over the CD, wriggle it round till it lifts off the plinth, then extract it.  It worked for me!

K Harper
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2022, 11:28

Maybe contact Charlbury Green Hub if you need further assistance. Kris

Katie Ewer
👍 1

Tue 12 Jul 2022, 10:24

If you look closely there might be a tiny eject hole next to the slot (like the one you use to take a SIM out of an iPhone). On some devices you can stick a paperclip (or Apple tool?) into the eject hole and it will release the whole disc tray. https://www.techwalla.com/articles/stuck-dvds-tv-dvd

This has worked for me in the past on a TV/DVD player.

Valerie Stewart
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2022, 10:09

Can anyone help me remove a CD from its player, please?  I have a blu-ray player (which of course plays CDs); it's swallowed a CD that cost quite a lot of money (it's a Music Minus One keyboard concerto, good for having a fantasy life).  It made some horrible noises as of something got stuck, and then stopped.  

If the blu-ray player can be rescued, I'm happy to give it away a I bought a new one, but I don't want to damage the CD if at all possible.  All advice welcomed. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.