Missed Green Waste collection

Stephen Andrews
👍 6

Mon 11 Jul 2022, 19:22

Hopefully missing several streets will be a rare occurrence, but it should not be necessary for the leader of the County Council to get Ubico to return. The missed collections were reported correctly within the two day window and I was reassured on three separate occasions by WODC that either an earlier collection would occur or that I would be contacted directly. The reporting process does not seem to work for missed green waste collection and this needs sorting out.

Liz Leffman
👍 2

Mon 11 Jul 2022, 18:12

Allan, I am sorry that your bin was not collected - the bins on Park St were collected on Friday after I made direct contact with Ubico, but I am afraid I did not realise that yours was left behind too.  They should be collected tomorrow as usual

Gareth Epps
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2022, 15:46

Stephen - yes.
Alan Cobb
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2022, 15:09

I am hoping that my Garden waste bin will be collected tomorrow - it is now 13 days overdue, so much for promise by WODC to collect it by 30th June! In the meantime, it seems to have collected a lot of miscellaneous junk from people who think it is a rubbish bin and are too lazy to use the public waste bin just over the road.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Wed 6 Jul 2022, 09:13

Gareth, has the garden waste been collected for your end of Charlbury yet? 

Gareth Epps
👍

Wed 6 Jul 2022, 08:27

They’ve just been for the recycling collection due yesterday.

Stephen Andrews
👍 5

Tue 5 Jul 2022, 20:24

I've been away since Saturday and on getting back this evening, I see there not been a collection in spite of WODC saying it would happen on Monday or Tuesday. The missed collection was reported within the two day window, so on this occasion it has not worked well.

Gareth Epps
👍

Tue 5 Jul 2022, 19:56

They have a number of staff shortages, probably Covid-related.  Logging missed bin collections seems to work well.

Alan Wilson
👍

Tue 5 Jul 2022, 19:51

Did this work for you, Stephen?

Stephen Andrews
👍 2

Fri 1 Jul 2022, 14:22

The collection scheduled for Tuesday 28th June was missed for Park St and probably half of Charlbury. Just spoke to WODC and Ubico will be back Monday or Tuesday next week, so leave your green bins out.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.