Take care

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Fri 1 Jul 2022, 16:18 (last edited on Fri 1 Jul 2022, 16:21)

A post pasted in (below) shows the singular Governmental stupidity of stopping proper mass gene sequence testing of the variants and rates of infection.

Saving money for Voter Bribery by Tax Cut in a year or two is either totally mentally sick or evil. Or on reflection - both? Definition…

Long post - click to read full text

Carl A Perkins
👍

Thu 30 Jun 2022, 09:51

Is it only the UK (Note that Scotland and Wales have devolved powers administering the NHS in those countries) that has relaxed testing requirements? I know Germany abolished free tests some time ago but reintroduced in the face of rapidly rising infections but not too sure about others...

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 6

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 15:47

Any idea of the stats? How many are re-infections, or what variant of mutation?

The pig-ignorant Johnsonian idiocy to save money for pre-election giveaway budget bribery seems to have stopped the vital task of sequencing the rolling changes of mutants.

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 11:15

Russell: I am very pleased you are both recovered, and thanks for the info which is certainly not well publicised.

However the Government website states "You cannot use this service to report results from a test kit you’ve paid for. If you paid for a test, check the test kit instructions to see if you should report your results to the private test provider."

I wonder if this means that those of us who have tests left over from the time they were free are able to report their results on the gov. website. Otherwise very few people will be able to report their results.

Russell Ingham
👍 2

Tue 28 Jun 2022, 22:51

Amanda - My wife and I have just recovered from Covid.  We reported our +'ve LFT results on the gov.uk website last week and we got automatic SMS codes and acknowledgements which went on to state that our use of these codes would enable other potential contacts to be advised of our condition. Thankfully, yesterday and today we were also able to report our -'ve status. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs but we could report our LFT results and the system responded.

Amanda Epps
👍 3

Tue 28 Jun 2022, 13:01 (last edited on Tue 28 Jun 2022, 13:02)

Wendy, you can’t record a positive Covid test result anywhere on the NHS website now, presumably because Mr Johnson has decided that the emergency is over.  The rates are rising here and in Europe.

However, the Zoe Covid  app does still want results as well as the ONS survey.

I agree with you about returning to wearing masks.

Wendy Bailey
👍 5

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 23:40

Not for getting those that test positive but don't record results...... 

Perhaps we should use our own judgement and be testing fairly regularly and be respectful of others and still wear facemasks in shops then. 

Maureen Nash
👍 1

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 21:53

The ONS Covid survey (that includes several Charlbury households) is still running, but for some reason, the stats no longer seem to be perceived important enough to make the news……..

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 21:39

I think many people are testing if they have symptoms which they feel could be Covid

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 20:00

Does anyone know where these statistics come from now that there is no longer testing being carried out?

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 19:55

It’s clear there are a lot of cases in Charlbury at the moment.  For the first time, I’m aware of a good half dozen.  If anything, that Government statistic understates the extent.

Adrian Hunter
👍 1

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 19:44

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.