CHARLBURY BEER FESTIVAL

Charlie M
👍 2

Tue 28 Jun 2022, 12:04

I would like to record my thanks to Charlbury Beer Festival (and in particular to Michael Peake) for giving me a festival glass and programme because I was unable to attend the festival on Saturday due to having broken my hip.

I bought my ticket in advance, and had no idea what would befall me ... and it sounds as if I missed a fantastic day.

So thank you to the Beer Festival Committee, all those that helped, and all those who drank the goods on offer so efficiently. I hope I shall be able to be back there for next year's festival! 

And finally ... may I make a musical request for next year ... can we please have back the utterly wonderful Kora player Jali Fily Cissokho?!

Very best wishes, Charlie x

John Werner
👍 3

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 22:08

Great event and superbly organised🍻

Nick Millea
👍 2

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 18:10

And if you're wondering what all the fuss is about, check out this wonderful video courtesy of our friends at Witney TV: http://www.witneytv.co.uk/video/charlbury-beer-festival-2022/

Michael Peake
👍 2

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 17:50

Thank you Phil, Tony, Nick

It’s a real team effort. Including our own committee, we had over 70 people volunteering on Saturday. Some of them came from as far as Australia to help out! Every single one of them deserves an ovation. You know who you are: thank you!

If anyone came down on Saturday and thought “I wish I could be part of this next time”, please get in touch here or via the website. We always welcome new volunteers and you don’t even have to like beer!

Nick Millea
👍 9

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 12:19

Cheers Phil - let's make sure that Michael Peake, Charlbury Beer Festival chair (2022) gets the credit he deserves for steering us through a challenging journey leading up to Saturday, then delivering a wonderful party on the day itself. So many smiling faces. Thanks to all the tireless committee members, and also our army of 'Beermakers' who spent four days "in the zone" to make sure a special time was enjoyed by all those who attended. Roll on 2023!

Tony Morgan
👍 2

Sun 26 Jun 2022, 21:52

Well said Phil another great day

Phil Morgan
👍 12

Sun 26 Jun 2022, 17:41

A huge 'thank you' to the massive team of volunteers who worked so hard to produce a festival to live in the memory. The gods granted sunshine and the crowds came out in style. Good beer, good music and good company - who could wish for anything more?

This charitable event contributes so much to the town through its community grants to all the groups which make Charlbury such a great place to live.

Thank you all and especially to our own Nick Millea - a true leader!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.